Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

3 Years already?

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

3 Years already?

Postby nimnarb » November 4th, 2019, 4:32 pm

November 4th 2016 when many of us headed over here from TMF. Have you been productive, used your time well and hopefully been in good health? Where has the time gone, seems a long time to me, so, pleased as I get older it doesn't appear to have gone too quickly but just cant do the things I used to do with ease, even washing the car now is a pain and I notice things like cataracts, tummy upsets, joints etc, acting up. Otherwise its been a good three years on reflection and trust mostly its been the same for all the posters here.

Regardless, sure many of you, like I do, wish to thank Clariman and Stooz plus moderators and those involved to have given us this sounding board in the first place and long may it continue. Cheers TLF.

swill453
Lemon Half

Re: 3 Years already?

Postby swill453 » November 4th, 2019, 4:47 pm

Wow, funny to think TMF was still on the go when we had the ('b'-word) referendum. Time's flown by.

Scott.

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Postby johnhemming » November 4th, 2019, 4:49 pm

I was only really involved in the banking board at TMF. I would, however, say that TLF is a lot better and I thank the people responsible for setting it up and keeping it going. Although the moderators are criticised from time to time, in the end this is a private organisation and it is up to them to enforce the rules. A site without moderation is not a good idea.

Hence I thank the moderators even when they do things I would not personally agree with.

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Postby sg31 » November 4th, 2019, 8:08 pm

I'm delighted with our new home. Many thanks to Clariman and Stooz for setting it up and the moderators for their efforts.

I was concerned at one time that we didn't seem to be getting any new blood joining the boards but recently new names have appeared and contributed. Maybe they are old names from other boards I don't visit. Either way it's nice to to hear from them.

Long may it continue.

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » November 4th, 2019, 8:57 pm

Thanks very much on behalf of the mods as well.
That has gone quick.
I will dig up some stats that indeed show the growth of the site.

As always, this is a community affair and we are always here to listen to suggestions for changes.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”