Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Understatements

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Understatements

Postby brightncheerful » April 7th, 2020, 1:13 pm

"Russ Mould, investment director at AJ Bell, said that Cineworld's "admission that government-mandated closure of cinemas has been 'extremely challenging' ranks up there with 'Houston we have a problem' in terms of understatement"."

During the recent flooding, I contacted friend in an affected area to check if ok. Sending me a photo of the expanse of water from the end of his driveway to as far as the eye could see, he said it was a mild inconvenience:.

The same phrase was used by a client, in his 80s, who is observing the stay at home.

Mrs Bnc has given up being worried whenever I say I am going to the supermarket. Worry - "to slay, kill or injure by biting and shaking the throat" (as a dog or wolf does), from Old English wyrgan "to strangle: - clouds intuition. When I go out, I think to myself that it''ll be okay provided I stick to what I'm good at and that's being anti-social. So far, when out and about, I've chatted to several strangers and we've had a laugh. I was about to offer a lift to an elderly woman carrying a heavy basket and whose village I would be driving through on my way home when I remembered I couldn't. As I said in the full version (12 pages) that I've sent to friends of the round robin 2 I posted here, the past is another country.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Understatements

Postby UncleEbenezer » April 7th, 2020, 1:47 pm

Whatever happened to that splendid coinage of one of the great creative minds of our times: an embuggerance?

sunnyjoe
Lemon Slice

Postby sunnyjoe » April 7th, 2020, 2:16 pm

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Postby brightncheerful » April 7th, 2020, 2:54 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:Whatever happened to that splendid coinage of one of the great creative minds of our times: an embuggerance?

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-emb1.htm

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”