Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

Lockdown being applied?

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
gnawsome
Lemon Slice

Lockdown being applied?

Postby gnawsome » April 7th, 2020, 1:15 pm

Is the lockdown being applied to the 'Travelling Community'.
Has that community found a way to incorporate the rules into their lifestyle
Have special exemptions been made
Or special accomodation land been provided

Or should I not have raised the subject

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Re: Lockdown being applied?

Postby terminal7 » April 7th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Clearly the subject should not be taboo. It applies to many groups. I am well aware of local authorities having concerns with certain religious groups that congregate for study and prayer outside of their 'official' places of worship in private homes. The problem of the homeless was highlighted in the Guardian yesterday see https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/apr/06/my-working-week-which-homeless-residents-lose-coronavirus.

T7

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » April 7th, 2020, 10:47 pm

Probably showing naivety here, but presumably that if as a community they are normally "physaically close" it doesnt really matter where they end up and continue to be "physaically close."

Being facetious I could say that as long as they travel to bits of commonland 2m+ away from everybody not in their community that's easier than the setting up right outside the entrance to asda where nobody can avoid thesuch communities..

ursaminortaur
Lemon Half

Postby ursaminortaur » April 7th, 2020, 11:00 pm

didds wrote:Probably showing naivety here, but presumably that if as a community they are normally "physaically close" it doesnt really matter where they end up and continue to be "physaically close."

Being facetious I could say that as long as they travel to bits of commonland 2m+ away from everybody not in their community that's easier than the setting up right outside the entrance to asda where nobody can avoid thesuch communities..

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/31/gypsies-travellers-coping-stay-home-coronavirus-advice-12484929/

Guidelines for travellers, in addition to those issued by PHE, include letting your site manager know if you live on a traveller site or on a canal, or informing your local authority if you live roadside so you can access the right facilities and are not threatened with eviction while you are self-isolating.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”