Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to bruncher,mark88man,stirlo,johnstevens77,Rhyd6, for Donating to support the site

Three years at the top

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Three years at the top

Postby UncleEbenezer » April 20th, 2020, 8:59 pm

It's almost exactly three years since Snorvey started his brilliant Pic of the Day thread. Over 1000 replies, many of them great pics or lighthearted banter inspired by the pics. All that time it's been deservedly the longest thread here.

I've just noticed it's been surpassed by the less-than-six-week-old upstart Coronavirus thread. How sad. I shall have to see if I can do my bit by finding another pic to post, but I fear it's now in vain.

Just one more casualty of the lurgy.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Three years at the top

Postby kiloran » April 20th, 2020, 9:03 pm

Ah, but each picture is worth a thousand words, so I'm sure the Pic of the Day thread is really the longest thread.
Anyway, quality beats quantity

--kiloran

Snorvey
Lemon Quarter

Postby Snorvey » April 20th, 2020, 9:13 pm

Hey thanks UE. I had no idea.

The pic of the day was born after the demise of the Motley Fool (where the ancient website didn't permit pictures) to the modern Lemofool.

Pictures are great. They tell a whole story without me having to deplete my limited vocabulary ....And in this day and age, the tech is so amazing to allow you to share your story pretty much immediately.

In recent weeks the pictures have been a bit samey.....but at the same time, it's a story of the pandemic and getting out there the best way you can whilst adhering to the rules. It's probably the greatest event short of a world war that I'm going to see.

I'll keep posting them. I hope folk join in the story when they can.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 20th, 2020, 9:15 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:
I've just noticed it's been surpassed by the less-than-six-week-old upstart Coronavirus thread.

How sad.

How sad?

A few days after Snorvey took a picture of his own аrse on top of Ben Rinnes, Boris Johnson instructed the whole of the UK to stop leaving our homes...

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4836&start=980#p290714

There's more going on here than we'll ever know....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess (only kidding Snorvey - it's one of my favourite threads, as many of the great contributors will hopefully know by now...)

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Postby UncleEbenezer » September 8th, 2020, 1:20 pm

That was six weeks of covid. Now it's six months, and the covid thread is more than twice the size of the pics and definitely generating more heat than light (even if the latter is not entirely extinguished) :roll:

On a personal level, at least something good has come of it, as I've been inspired to post pics a few times. Ho, hum ...

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » September 8th, 2020, 5:18 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:That was six weeks of covid. Now it's six months, and the covid thread is more than twice the size of the pics and definitely generating more heat than light (even if the latter is not entirely extinguished) :roll:

mea culpa on the covid front. So I'll add a few photos from Mull to balance my sins

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”