Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Balls.

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Balls.

Postby nimnarb » August 15th, 2020, 1:06 am

Anyone watching the snooker? Those semi-finals were simply nerve wrenching.Just spectacular as was the demolishing of Barcelona. Major changes I suspect there.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Balls.

Postby Itsallaguess » August 15th, 2020, 6:03 am

nimnarb wrote:
Anyone watching the snooker?

Those semi-finals were simply nerve wrenching.Just spectacular as was the demolishing of Barcelona. Major changes I suspect there.

It was an absolutely brilliant day of snooker from both pairs, and I really enjoyed it right up to the point where Selby gave his after-match interview, where he then went on to completely spoil my view of him with his very unsportsman-like comments.

Ronnie's interview was just the bizarre stuff we expect from him nowadays, and I'm 100% convinced that he has a bet with a pal before he goes in front of the camera when we hear some of the nonsense he often spouts when being interviewed, but Selby just showed himself up with that complete lack of grace in accepting his defeat.

Nothing could really spoil such a great day of drama with two 16-17 semi-finals though.

With regards to the other semi-final, it's not very often that we feel more sorry for the winner of a semi, but my heart really went out to Kyren Wilson when he got through that final frame in the manner that he did, and it was brilliant to see such compassion for a fellow sportsman at that level, after his fluke on that final green.

Really looking forward to a final with a live audience though. I think the crowd will have been largely won over with Wilson's humanity, and they'll find it hard to instinctively back Ronnie too much, I hope..

Absolutely brilliant to see Ronnie rolling back the years in his semi-final though, and ending on that terrific run where Selby hardly stood up for three frames was just magnificent, and I hope he can keep his head together long enough to get his hands on his 6th world title in a few days time...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

6Tricia
2 Lemon pips

Re: Balls.

Postby 6Tricia » August 15th, 2020, 10:53 am

Yes! Gripping stuff. I've always been a snooker fan. My Saturday will be spent juggling the snooker on TV and following 3rd practice and qualifying for the Spanish F1 Grand Prix on my tablet from the comfort of my recliner. These sports do have female followers! :D :D
Tricia

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”