Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Popping out?...please go quietly!

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
monabri
Lemon Half

Popping out?...please go quietly!

Postby monabri » August 21st, 2020, 4:57 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/ ... EARSE.html

"For those who, when they die, want to go quietly can do so quite literally now there's an electric Tesla that's been converted into a hearse for the UK."

Bolton-based funeral vehicle provider Coleman Milne has, with the help of German firm BINZ-E, launched a zero-emission and entirely silent hearse.

With an extended body, the removal of the rear seats and even a pop-out section for a handling trolley, the electric car is said to be the ideal choice for 'eco-funerals"

:shock:

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: Popping out?...please go quietly!

Postby ReformedCharacter » August 21st, 2020, 7:16 pm

monabri wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-8651235/UK-firm-launches-Tesla-Model-S-HEARSE.html

"For those who, when they die, want to go quietly can do so quite literally now there's an electric Tesla that's been converted into a hearse for the UK."

Bolton-based funeral vehicle provider Coleman Milne has, with the help of German firm BINZ-E, launched a zero-emission and entirely silent hearse.

With an extended body, the removal of the rear seats and even a pop-out section for a handling trolley, the electric car is said to be the ideal choice for 'eco-funerals"

:shock:

I think the whole funeral thing is ghastly and I've been to enough to judge. Given the C19 situation I've given the matter some thought and have asked those who might have to deal with me post mortem not to arrange one. I have also asked that any transport arrangements should be performed by the chap who delivers my logs in his pick-up - with rope and tarpaulin if needed. He needs the money more than the local funeral parlour and I'm sure the log delivery guy and my sons can do the necessary loading and unloading tasks. I've been meaning to make my own box, in pieces for self-assembly by one of my sons who is good at practical stuff but I have a long list of DIY jobs that need doing at the moment. Given the pace of my DIY and my carpentry skills they may have to buy one :)

RC

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » August 21st, 2020, 7:23 pm

I got as far as the extended body, and that was enough for me. :|

BJ

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » August 21st, 2020, 7:30 pm

I'm being cremated and having my ashes scattered in carefully-calculated proportions around various pubs and the SVR track
The SVR has old rolling stock so the trackbed could be nasty, although I'll be beyond caring...
Possibly the firebox of a decent steam train?

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » August 21st, 2020, 11:12 pm

Judging by Tesla's reliability record, they might not make it to the funeral.
Think I'd prefer horses with black ostrich feathers.

V8

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”