Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Bigfoot

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Bigfoot

Postby TUK020 » December 8th, 2020, 7:40 am

https://xkcd.com/1235/

a light-hearted but insightful perspective on the mysteries around us

sunnyjoe
Lemon Slice

Re: Bigfoot

Postby sunnyjoe » December 8th, 2020, 10:57 am

Gompertz strikes again

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 9th, 2020, 11:13 pm

sunnyjoe wrote:Gompertz strikes again

Aaarrrggghhhh! :)

Interestingly(?) some while ago now, it did seriously occur to me to think the coming ubiquity of phones with cameras might lead to a better understanding of such matters, even to a possible resolution! Um...

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Postby sg31 » December 10th, 2020, 11:10 am

XFool wrote:Aaarrrggghhhh! :)

Interestingly(?) some while ago now, it did seriously occur to me to think the coming ubiquity of phones with cameras might lead to a better understanding of such matters, even to a possible resolution! Um...

Unfortunately any photo's of subjects such as Nessie and Bigfoot lack resolution...... :D

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » December 10th, 2020, 12:07 pm

XFool wrote:
sunnyjoe wrote:Gompertz strikes again

Aaarrrggghhhh! :)

I'm in the Facebook group of the village where I grew up and where I still have close family living. Every few months there will be a warning about 'men in a van' etc going from door to door or just cruising around, snooping around and behind houses and usually acting very suspiciously, usually followed by reports of thefts. I almost got thrown out of the group for having a very long (maybe too long) rant about the mindset of villagers who will spend ages photographing illegally parked cars in front of the school or on pavements, their cute puppies or stuff for sale, but NEVER a bleedin' photo of these supposedly evil vans and potential zombie chainsaw killers to send to the police. ;)

Steve

PS did you ever watch Thunderbirds as a kid? They knew when someone had taken a photo and mysteriously wiped it from the camera. Same with UFOs, ghosts and Prince Andrew. :lol:

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”