Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

"kaaarmakarmakarmakarma..."

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
simsqu
Lemon Slice

"kaaarmakarmakarmakarma..."

Postby simsqu » September 19th, 2020, 2:23 pm

Walking down the street just now next to a long traffic jam coming to up traffic lights, I was aware of Karma Chameleon belting out of a car up ahead at full volume. I could see the driver's hand slapping the car door out of his open window enthusiastically in sync with the beat.

As I approached I could hear him shouting/singing along at the top of his voice, completely out of tune, and utterly oblivious to the wry smiles and raised eyebrows of passersby.

As I passed I glanced in to take a look at him and was shocked at what I saw

I guess I was expecting a reflection of myself at some party in my twenties dancing around, flailing my arms, and shouting along but of course what I saw was a wrinkled old geezer with an iron grey beard, sporting a sensible pullover and carefully slapping the windscreen with his somewhat gnarled looking arthritic left hand. However, I knew he was actually in that same party as me all those years ago, and we shared a brief, knowing smile as I passed by.

I guess we must not forget to grab at joy when we can, in these days of Covid, Bolsanaro, Brexit, Johnson, Trump and dead Ginsbergs; as least until the lights change.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: "kaaarmakarmakarmakarma..."

Postby richfool » September 19th, 2020, 4:02 pm

Was it Old Man (Boy) George?!

Nimrod103
Lemon Half

Re: "kaaarmakarmakarmakarma..."

Postby Nimrod103 » September 19th, 2020, 4:11 pm

More likely he was one of those now old men, who having smoked pot and drunk too much during their lifetime, are now descending into antisocial madness.

Last Tuesday, there was one cycling up and down Bexhill esplanade, with loudspeakers on his bike at quite high volume, beating away at highly rhythmic music (I could only recognise some ABBA). weaving in and out of old people and families. I guess he must have been at least 60, though it was difficult to tell, becasue he was dressed in track suit bottoms and a big anorak and hat, despite the temperatures being in the 80's. From comments of other pedestrians, he seems to do this everyday.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”