Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

The Grand National

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Re: The Grand National

Postby AleisterCrowley » April 12th, 2021, 11:22 am

My statement has dates, but not times.
The process for querying a contactless transaction seems to be - "Contact the vendor"
I can see that working ...Not

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » April 13th, 2021, 12:27 am

AleisterCrowley wrote:My statement has dates, but not times.
The process for querying a contactless transaction seems to be - "Contact the vendor"
I can see that working ...Not

I've taken to using my phone for contactless (adding the card to google pay)
it appears to go through the same way (as if I'd used the card - and if I suspend the card thinking it's lost the phone stops also)
- but there's immediate notification/feedback
- and an independent log of transactions on the phone - stamped at the time they were performed, not processed
certainly helpful in tracking stuff when there's multiples of the same round

- sd

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Postby terminal7 » April 29th, 2021, 11:55 am

For anyone still foolishly interested Some Neck is running in the 16.50 at Punchestown following failing to make the top 40 for the GN. This is a fairly low class X country race and as a result he is almost favourite. Best price around 3/1 - little better on the exchanges.

T7

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Postby terminal7 » April 30th, 2021, 9:21 am

Some Neck RIP

Racing Post

Some Neck took the wrong course and was more or less brought to a standstill after the tenth but he recovered the ground to latch on at the rear. He was starting to close the gap on the leading group when pecking on landing at the 29th and came under strong riding from there. He was reported to have died from a suspected heart attack on the run-in.

Unfortunately his amateur (though fairly experienced) rider compounded his initial (BJ - try and understand initial) and disastrous error by not only taking out several other horses but then tried to catch up an enormous amount of lost ground with fatal consequences. Any further political analogies will be left to the readers. A very unsavoury episode.

T7

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”