Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

At what age does poo become serious

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers

Poo

1. 20 - 30 years old
4%
2. 31 - 40 years old
9%
3. 41 - 50 years old
No votes
4. 51 - 60 years old
4%
5. 61 - 70 years old
4%
6. 70 - 80 years old
9%
7. 80 - 90 years old
4%
8. I cannot believe you want to have a poll on poo
48%
9. This is the lowest you've ever been AiY
4%
10. Other ... please post and augment
13%

Total votes: 23

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Re: At what age does poo become serious

Postby terminal7 » April 5th, 2021, 7:07 pm

Which would suggest that your 570 gramme estimate is a little on the (ahem) theatrical side

By gad sir - you doubt my word. This is a job for Carter Ruck or maybe my mate Terry.

In the famous words of the generous offer made in Arkell v Pressdam - my attitude to damages will be governed by the nature of your reply.

T7

ps I am not a yank

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » April 5th, 2021, 7:12 pm

On this cr?p topic, there is a general belief that the average American male has 5 pounds of undigested red meat in his 'butt', apparently first promulgated in the film Beverley Hills Cop.

However this is disputed
https://www.woot.com/blog/post/the-debu ... n-my-colon

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » April 5th, 2021, 8:54 pm

scrumpyjack wrote:On this cr?p topic, there is a general belief that the average American male has 5 pounds of undigested red meat in his 'butt', apparently first promulgated in the film Beverley Hills Cop.

However this is disputed
https://www.woot.com/blog/post/the-debu ... n-my-colon

"the colon doesn't really have room for five pounds of any food. Even a pound of meat impacted up in there would land you in the hospital with rectal bleeding and excruciating pain."

I will take his word for it. Especially since the author is Ken Jennings, the winningest of all contestants on the long-running Jeopardy quiz show.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » April 5th, 2021, 9:53 pm

Nimrod103 wrote:That reminds me of a raconteur called 'Blaster Bates', who was asked to empty a farmer's septic tank using dynamite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbZsVd7j7l4

I was privileged to hear him speak at a Miner’s welfare event in Leigh. Genius.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » April 5th, 2021, 10:24 pm

I suspect that this topic all hangs on the usual residence time of digested food in the gut, starting from when It was eaten. Bearing in mind that it has to negotiate both small and large intestines, it may be longer than commonly thought, even after a large and spicy Indian Meal.

TJH

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » April 5th, 2021, 10:36 pm

In my case poo bacame (semi) serious when I developed IBS in my 30s.
Long bus journeys and trains without toilets became a source of great worry and stress (which, naturally, can set off IBS...)
Thames Trains/GWR operated the ghastly little 165/166 Thames Turbos. Now, these had one or two toilets, but there was a less than 50% chance the damn things would be working /unoccupied. Thankfully I never suffered the ultimate humiliation of explosive diarrhoea on a packed commuter train - but I had a few scares. The worst thing was getting the 'four minute warning' after departure, and the train getting held at a signal or similar for seemingly hours (probably five minutes..) - this would of course trigger a panic attack and make the problem worse .
I ended up dosing myself with imodium or similar prior to any longer journeys. The IBS itself got better with time - I think giving up coffee (for an unrelated reason) made a big difference. I'm still not 100% right in the guts department though... :mrgreen:

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » April 5th, 2021, 10:45 pm

tjh290633 wrote:I suspect that this topic all hangs on the usual residence time of digested food in the gut, starting from when It was eaten. Bearing in mind that it has to negotiate both small and large intestines, it may be longer than commonly thought, even after a large and spicy Indian Meal.
TJH

I'll spare the detail as it's not required. I've been struggling with digestion problems. They were masked by two undiagnosed sleep disorders. Just after Christmas this year I managed to work out my digestive health issues. I'd already identified lactose as a problem. I then identified gluten and avenin as issues too.

I cut them out of my diet. Two days later the entire contents of my digestive tract left after two rather quick visits to the loo. Since I've slowly recovered. I've been taking probiotics to help, and they have. I've had some unpleasant bowel issues for some time, but worse over the last three years. My daughters aware that Dad has been in some considerable pain. So when she asks "if I've had a poo today" it's because she cares and has seen the discomfort and pain I've been in.

All over a bit of poo.

AiY

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » April 6th, 2021, 2:43 pm

AleisterCrowley wrote:In my case poo bacame (semi) serious when I developed IBS in my 30s.
Long bus journeys and trains without toilets became a source of great worry and stress (which, naturally, can set off IBS...)
Thames Trains/GWR operated the ghastly little 165/166 Thames Turbos. Now, these had one or two toilets, but there was a less than 50% chance the damn things would be working /unoccupied. Thankfully I never suffered the ultimate humiliation of explosive diarrhoea on a packed commuter train - but I had a few scares. The worst thing was getting the 'four minute warning' after departure, and the train getting held at a signal or similar for seemingly hours (probably five minutes..) - this would of course trigger a panic attack and make the problem worse .
I ended up dosing myself with imodium or similar prior to any longer journeys. The IBS itself got better with time - I think giving up coffee (for an unrelated reason) made a big difference. I'm still not 100% right in the guts department though... :mrgreen:

Believe me, it could be worse. When I was about 27, I went on a cheapo skiing trip to Andorra with an old friend from school. I think we were the oldest in the group and were made to feel like old men! Coach all the way, hotel that treated us like cattle, great skiing lessons, loads of cheap booze, then the journey home.

Imagine a coach-load of young people who'd obviously been given something rather 'dodgy' to eat on their last night. Our coach had a toilet. I don't think it was designed for thirty 'kids' with diarrhoea. Just use your imagination! That was the very last cheapo holiday I ever had. :?

Steve

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » April 6th, 2021, 3:05 pm

stevensfo wrote:Imagine a coach-load of young people who'd obviously been given something rather 'dodgy' to eat on their last night. Our coach had a toilet. I don't think it was designed for thirty 'kids' with diarrhoea. Just use your imagination! That was the very last cheapo holiday I ever had. :?

Decompression sickness. :lol: I remember that road down from Andorra, you drop from 8000 feet to sea level and it takes a few hours for your guts to catch up.

Although TBH, Andorra always was a bit scruffy. Europe's premier contraband market, with dodgy hostelries to match. Happy days.

BJ

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » April 6th, 2021, 4:27 pm

bungeejumper wrote:
stevensfo wrote:Imagine a coach-load of young people who'd obviously been given something rather 'dodgy' to eat on their last night. Our coach had a toilet. I don't think it was designed for thirty 'kids' with diarrhoea. Just use your imagination! That was the very last cheapo holiday I ever had. :?

Decompression sickness. :lol: I remember that road down from Andorra, you drop from 8000 feet to sea level and it takes a few hours for your guts to catch up.

Although TBH, Andorra always was a bit scruffy. Europe's premier contraband market, with dodgy hostelries to match. Happy days.

BJ

It was about 1986 or 1987 and yes, the hotel was scruffy - though memory is quite hazy. As a young man, I was a committed European, spoke pretty good French and a bit of Spanish and was shocked to discover that they had separate lounges for the French and the Spanish! Not that it bothered us of course. All the young Brits were too busy enjoying the cheap booze and never-ending parties. I still find it hard to accept that I was able to drink so much and get up early enough to catch the bus to the ski slopes. ;)

But as you say, happy days!

Steve

brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Postby brightncheerful » April 7th, 2021, 9:53 pm

I am the official clear-upper of our puppy's poo - Mrs Bnc the unofficial. From day 1 (in our lives) I was relieved to find that puppy poos 3 times a day. I keep a daily journal (about living with a champion chewer) so for weeks would record the frequency. Occasionally she would poo only twice a day but, one day, she pood just once which concerned me so much that I contacted the vet to check if there were anything wrong. The vet assured me that once a day is fine, nothing to worry about. I wasn't convinced. Fortunately for me puppy made up for next day with a 4 times dump.

As she has aged, 9 months now, her daily intake includes non-toxic rope. Mostly it is chewed but strands do permeate the portals and on elimination the poo emerges tied together, rather like sausages on a string. Mostly, the poo is firm and the procedure comfortable and quick but sometimes the string is so long that it hangs from her bottom and either puppy manages to shift it or Mrs Bnc or myself assist by lending a hand.

Depending upon what else puppy has eaten affects the colour. As healthy eaters ourselves, puppy is fed healthy food which means that not only is she as regular as clockwork but also the poo isn't particularly smelly. And on instant clearing up. using a poo bag, doubles as a hand-warmer. Mostly the texture is firm and colour consistently brown but I have found it to be blue (a day or so after she consumed a chunk of blue plastic).

As puppies go, I am told we are very fortunate in having a puppy whose initial toilet training was a doddle.

ps - Long ago, I had a border terrier whose potty training was on grass. Years later, whilst we were walking along a pavement somewhere in central London she needed to go but unable to find any grass within sight, she used her initiative and darted down a flight of steps to someone's basement flat and peed in a window box next to the front door.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » April 8th, 2021, 8:47 am

brightncheerful wrote:Depending upon what else puppy has eaten affects the colour. As healthy eaters ourselves, puppy is fed healthy food which means that not only is she as regular as clockwork but also the poo isn't particularly smelly. And on instant clearing up. using a poo bag, doubles as a hand-warmer. Mostly the texture is firm and colour consistently brown.

BnC, are you familiar with the term "Too Much Information"? :lol:

BJ

brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Postby brightncheerful » April 8th, 2021, 1:30 pm

are you familiar with the term "Too Much Information"

Wot you mean like DYOR as if…

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » April 8th, 2021, 3:51 pm

Never ignore a poo-poo Blackadder. I knew someone once who got poo-pood, made the mistake of ignoring the poo-poo. Etc. etc.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » April 8th, 2021, 4:55 pm

Whats the true definition of Bravery? Chancing a fart when you know you have diarrhea.(SP?)

Anyway, I bet many of you didn't know that diarrhoea is hereditary. It runs in your genes.

Have a nice day y'all. Oh and BNC, you really put me off my breakfast. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diarrhea

brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Postby brightncheerful » April 8th, 2021, 6:00 pm

Oh and BNC, you really put me off my breakfast

You breakfast at 4.55pm?

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Postby terminal7 » April 8th, 2021, 6:47 pm

I bet many of you didn't know that diarrhoea is hereditary. It runs in your genes

Shouldn't this be in Laughing Lemons?

T7

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » April 8th, 2021, 8:05 pm

brightncheerful wrote:
Oh and BNC, you really put me off my breakfast

You breakfast at 4.55pm?

Yep, 5 hours behind you.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Postby nimnarb » April 8th, 2021, 8:13 pm

terminal7 wrote:
I bet many of you didn't know that diarrhoea is hereditary. It runs in your genes

Shouldn't this be in Laughing Lemons?

T7

Might poodle over there, although seemed poodent sorry prudent in relation to this enlightening discussion. :roll: :roll:

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”