Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Why did you need to get married?

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Why did you need to get married?

Postby Lootman » April 21st, 2021, 11:20 pm

brightncheerful wrote:
Lootman wrote:
brightncheerful wrote:Something i do find challenging is that Mrs Bnc and I have different sense of humour. I didn't realise that for quite some time. Fortunately whenever we are in company and others laugh at my humour that has enabled Mrs Bnc to accept that even if she doesn't find what I am saying is funny others do. Were it not for the support I get from the outside world I would have to be much more careful in conversation.

Does your wife feign a polite laugh at your jokes, to keep up appearances?

Or is it obvious to others that she doesn't really like your witty remarks?

Most days, I tell her "this morning's joke is" and sometimes she'll laugh. i regard that as a sign I can tell the joke to others. Years ago, I thought it would fun to compile a few pages of jokes I'd found funny and send them to friends for Christmas. Mrs Bnc insisted she approve them before sending: a few did not meet with approval and were deleted.

I don't think it's obvious to others that she doesn't really like my witty remarks so much as not understanding why something I've said is funny. I think that if it were simply a matter of like or dislike then she would at least have understood.

Generally, she'll ignore me and carry on with whatever else she is doing.

I married my wife because she laughed the loudest at my humour. (I can't tell jokes but do try to be witty). Did she sucker me?

But "generally, she'll ignore me and carry on with whatever else she is doing" as well. Maybe that is the secret of marital longevity.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”