Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Well done Scotland

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Well done Scotland

Postby Rhyd6 » February 4th, 2017, 4:43 pm

What a great match :D After the lean years it's great to see Scotland emerge from the gloom, let's hope that their winning streak continues---------- until they meet Wales that is!!!!

R6

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Well done Scotland

Postby redsturgeon » February 4th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Rhyd6 wrote:What a great match :D After the lean years it's great to see Scotland emerge from the gloom, let's hope that their winning streak continues---------- until they meet Wales that is!!!!

R6

Aha, but the real trick is to play really badly and still win...I give you...the England team!

John

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » February 4th, 2017, 7:45 pm

redsturgeon wrote:
Rhyd6 wrote:What a great match :D After the lean years it's great to see Scotland emerge from the gloom, let's hope that their winning streak continues---------- until they meet Wales that is!!!!

R6

Aha, but the real trick is to play really badly and still win...I give you...the England team!

John

... and our latest Junior All Black. :lol:

The adoption of the bonus point system may make this Six Nations even more exciting.

Wales to top the table after tomorrow's match or will Italy repeat their performance against the Springboks?

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » February 4th, 2017, 8:45 pm

Snorvey wrote:An impressive win, especially considering we're essentially a tennis playing nation these days.

:D :)

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Postby bulltraderpt » February 9th, 2017, 1:36 pm

redsturgeon wrote:

R6

John

Oh dear when you usually start crowing things invariably move against you.

I, however, think we will not be lifting a second grand slam this year given how depleted the pack is.

A lot down our local rugby club are like you, I don't buy it, we were quite lucky against France and it sends a message to other teams that we can get rattled for large parts of a game.

Mind you as I have a sandwich on it with a Welsh friend and supporter, I intend to milk it if the result goes England's way.

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Postby bulltraderpt » February 9th, 2017, 1:40 pm

A cracking result from Scotland, although a lot of game management from Ireland appeared lacking.

After the second scrum it was obvious the Irish Scrum was superior, so what did the Irish do? Squander the advantage and play expansive rugby against the Scotland's backs including a quick Hogg!

That made no sense what so ever.

Still at 22 - 21 with 20 minutes to play you'd have thought the Irish would have kept the pressure on but no, so fair play to them. Ireland were a disappointment given their Northern hemisphere ambitions after beating New Zealand last year.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”