Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Smythson valentine card

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
toofast2live
Lemon Slice

Smythson valentine card

Postby toofast2live » February 9th, 2017, 4:02 pm

Ok, I thought, Valentine's Day card from Smythson :roll: - a bit pricey at £8, but hey the ones in the garden centre are £3.

So I click through all the options and pricing and eventually get to checkout where they tell me basic p&p will be £8. :o :o :o

YES £8 for stuffing it into an envelope and sticking a second class stamp on it. I declined their repulsive offer.

£8 for posting a card - what a brand Smythson are. Detestable.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Smythson valentine card

Postby bungeejumper » February 9th, 2017, 4:37 pm

No, no, the £8 was the entrance fee for looking at their website. Almost worth it for the alternative universe which it reveals. If you need to know the price, you can't afford it sonny. 8-)

So what's it going to be - a pochette clutch for her, or a small but exotic leather pouch for him? Decisions, decisions. Must ask Sir Alan FitzTightly what he prefers?

BJ

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » February 9th, 2017, 5:35 pm

toofast2live wrote:Ok, I thought, Valentine's Day card from Smythson :roll: - a bit pricey at £8, but hey the ones in the garden centre are £3.

So I click through all the options and pricing and eventually get to checkout where they tell me basic p&p will be £8. :o :o :o

YES £8 for stuffing it into an envelope and sticking a second class stamp on it. I declined their repulsive offer.

£8 for posting a card - what a brand Smythson are. Detestable.

You wanted a leather Valentine's card?

Kinky! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slarti

PS, I had to look them up, never having heard of them.

poundcoin
Lemon Slice

Postby poundcoin » February 9th, 2017, 9:09 pm

Never heard of them either .

£150 for a pencil case .....bargain !

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » February 9th, 2017, 10:02 pm

A rotary watch box* - just what I need to store the old Vacheron Constantins and Audemars Piguets whilst I'm wearing the Patek Philippe around the house

http://www.smythson.com/black-grosvenor ... 18755.html
£2,995 - cheap as chips

* It rotates, it's not specifically for Rotary watches

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » February 10th, 2017, 8:26 am

AleisterCrowley wrote:A rotary watch box* - just what I need to store the old Vacheron Constantins and Audemars Piguets whilst I'm wearing the Patek Philippe around the house.

I once got into trouble for giggling at a Christmas present somebody had received. Not just a miserable two-watch box, but an entire rotating arm that was designed to keep up to eight Swiss watches nicely wound up when you weren't wearing them. The recipient of the present, a senior consultant at [insanely expensive Texan business consultancy] kept his priceless watch collection in a vault in Switzerland, but wanted to keep them ticking away while he was 5,000 miles away at the ranch. Life a get, I thought, but not necessarily in that order.

Still, I suppose that's one thing that robots can do for us. Just imagine - otherwise he'd have had to employ a full-time staff of four with a watch on each wrist, merely to look after all his Patek Philippes for the next generation.

BJ

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » February 10th, 2017, 9:48 am

Just imagine - otherwise he'd have had to employ a full-time staff of four with a watch on each wrist

An ideal job opportunity for ambidextrous onanists

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”