Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Expensive electricity

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
AWOL
Lemon Slice

Re: Expensive electricity

Postby AWOL » October 5th, 2021, 5:15 am

sg31 wrote:
richlist wrote:It's always amazed me how freezers are usually kept in a heated kitchen.....surely that means they have to work a lot harder ? We keep ours in an unheated room.

Most freezers don't work at low temperatures. I can't remember if it is 5 or 10 degrees C. They may not be doing their job in an unheated room during the worst of the winter.

It's worth checking the specifications of a freezer before buying if it's going to be kept in an unheated room.

I have a Beko fridge freezer in my garage. That may not have been my first choice of manufacturer but it works fine in winter. (I use it to store fishing bait)

From memory my freezer says it's operating environment should not fall below 11C. What sort of person am I to remember this, I bought the thing 11 years ago!

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Expensive electricity

Postby UncleEbenezer » October 5th, 2021, 10:09 am

AWOL wrote:
sg31 wrote:
richlist wrote:It's always amazed me how freezers are usually kept in a heated kitchen.....surely that means they have to work a lot harder ? We keep ours in an unheated room.

Most freezers don't work at low temperatures. I can't remember if it is 5 or 10 degrees C. They may not be doing their job in an unheated room during the worst of the winter.

It's worth checking the specifications of a freezer before buying if it's going to be kept in an unheated room.

I have a Beko fridge freezer in my garage. That may not have been my first choice of manufacturer but it works fine in winter. (I use it to store fishing bait)

From memory my freezer says it's operating environment should not fall below 11C. What sort of person am I to remember this, I bought the thing 11 years ago!

Like sell-by dates, that kind of thing needs to be read with a pinch of salt. 11C is rather warm to be keeping a room where you don't sit around for long periods, and appliances routinely experience lower than that without issue. I'd start to pay attention if my kitchen drops below the interior temperature of the fridge.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”