Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Mince Pies

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
oldcharlie
Lemon Pip

Mince Pies

Postby oldcharlie » November 11th, 2016, 10:07 am

Yesterday was 2 out of 5 days but today I am back on the mince pies!

I have just calculated my potential consumption of these before Christmas day as about 60! Mostly, they will arrive (courtesy of Abel and Cole) one pack of 6 every Monday but I might double up on the order as D day approaches as I will have to share them with family and friends. Then there are the reviews of "Best Pies" which will send me hot foot to Alds or Lidl or (God forbid) Asda to sample the offerings. Oh dear! only two left to last until Monday and son arriving tonight so I should save one for him. Delicious!

OC

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Mince Pies

Postby redsturgeon » November 11th, 2016, 10:36 am

oldcharlie wrote:Yesterday was 2 out of 5 days but today I am back on the mince pies!

I have just calculated my potential consumption of these before Christmas day as about 60! Mostly, they will arrive (courtesy of Abel and Cole) one pack of 6 every Monday but I might double up on the order as D day approaches as I will have to share them with family and friends. Then there are the reviews of "Best Pies" which will send me hot foot to Alds or Lidl or (God forbid) Asda to sample the offerings. Oh dear! only two left to last until Monday and son arriving tonight so I should save one for him. Delicious!

OC

Somewhat surprisingly Iceland win the accolade from the Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/ind ... 39331.html

John

oldcharlie
Lemon Pip

Postby oldcharlie » November 11th, 2016, 4:39 pm

Thanks, redfish! They all sound heavenly. Fortunately, I can only access a few of these shops easily. I expect Ocado do Waitrose. M & S minis are always good. I don't know where to buy Betty's. I like the sound of frangipan topping provided it is made with real almonds. Last year I found that Aldi's did a basic and a luxury version and I had to buy both to find it was the luxury one that was excellent. I now go to Aldi's to buy Senior Cat Food as recommended on the Pets and Vets TMF board so keep picking up other items. They have lovely cashews: very fresh and cheap.

OC

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » November 11th, 2016, 4:45 pm

You're welcome...I like to feed the addiction!

John

JustLetOneOff

Postby JustLetOneOff » November 15th, 2016, 8:47 pm

I love mince pies. I'm probably in the minority but I much prefer them when they don't contain alcohol.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”