Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Amusing pension prediction

Including Financial Independence and Retiring Early (FIRE)
Bialystock
Lemon Pip

Re: Amusing pension prediction

Postby Bialystock » April 26th, 2019, 2:58 pm

theta wrote:
Urbandreamer wrote:Regarding SIPP's, yes I have one and despite common sense do contribute to it. If I were to instead use the funds to contribute to this pension the uplift due to the fact that it is a salary sacrifice scheme would instantly produce better performance. I contribute to my SIPP because I enjoy picking risky investments and a SIPP is not a bad choice if you want to do that.

It may work out better if you make higher contributions to your workplace pension via salary sacrifice and then do a partial transfer from there to your SIPP. In many cases this transfer is free of charge and takes about a week.

That would be great. Sadly our company Aviva pension wont allow this, though we can access our PCLS from age 55.

tikunetih
Lemon Slice

Re: Amusing pension prediction

Postby tikunetih » July 2nd, 2019, 3:31 pm

toofast2live wrote:There are some (google hussman) who think that at current valuations stock market returns will be negative over the next 10 to 12 years. Capital gearing, personal assets, ruffed and other “permanent bears” lean toward this pessimism. I tend to agree and hold 20% cash. Trouble is I went 20% cash two years ago.

Hey ho, that’l teach Me not be a dirty little market timer.... :roll:

Hussman?

https://twitter.com/EconomPic/status/11 ... 5449829377

~0% total nominal return over 19 years, delivered in a manner that just, somehow, keeps a few hopefuls onboard. Somehow.

~$400M in management fees extracted.

Choose your gurus carefully, or better still, don't choose any at all.

Return to “Retirement Investing (inc FIRE)”