Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Arb's Retirement Camel

Including Financial Independence and Retiring Early (FIRE)
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Arb's Retirement Camel

Postby Arborbridge » July 9th, 2020, 2:03 pm

I've posted here about how my HYP income varied, but what about my "pension system" as a whole?
With reinvestment etc, the "price per unit" doesn't tell us that, so I thought to have a quick look this morning. Given that my pension income stands on four legs (like a camel and just as beautiful!) what was is the danger so far? (four legs = state pension, HYP, incITs, incOEICS, with the biggest part being HYP)

A quick check this morning shows that my first 6 months income dropped by 3% compared with the first half of 2019. Given that my expenditure has probably dropped too and that I have an untouched income reserve, the system is holding up satisfactorily, for now. Indeed, I have manage to make further investment topups over the period.

I look forward with some trepidation to the following half.

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: Arb's Retirement Camel

Postby monabri » July 9th, 2020, 6:43 pm

Arborbridge wrote: Given that my pension income stands on four legs (like a camel and just as beautiful!) what was is the danger so far? (four legs = state pension, HYP, incITs, incOEICS, with the biggest part being HYP)

I'd compare mine to a shonky donkey! One leg being definitely much shorter than it was.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » July 9th, 2020, 7:09 pm

monabri wrote:
Arborbridge wrote: Given that my pension income stands on four legs (like a camel and just as beautiful!) what was is the danger so far? (four legs = state pension, HYP, incITs, incOEICS, with the biggest part being HYP)

I'd compare mine to a shonky donkey! One leg being definitely much shorter than it was.

:lol:

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » July 9th, 2020, 8:38 pm

wonky

Return to “Retirement Investing (inc FIRE)”