Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Retirement Investing (inc FIRE)

Including Financial Independence and Retiring Early (FIRE)
the0ni0nking
Lemon Slice

Re: Retirement Investing (inc FIRE)

Postby the0ni0nking » January 1st, 2024, 12:00 am

No. Yawn

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » January 1st, 2024, 12:25 am

Advert?

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » January 1st, 2024, 9:12 am

azwinda wrote:Navigating retirement planning involves using various tools, and one of the best retirement calculators I've found is the AARP Retirement Calculator.

Oh, aye.

Or rather A, aye.

kltrader

Postby kltrader » March 7th, 2024, 9:41 pm

nadia77 wrote:Hi everyone,

Diving into the realm of Retirement Investing, including the intriguing concept of FIRE (Financial Independence, Retire Early). What strategies are you employing to secure a comfortable retirement? Whether it's traditional investments or exploring the FIRE movement, let's swap insights. Have you discovered any hidden gems or challenges along the way? Share your wisdom on financial freedom and early retirement—it's a journey we're all navigating, and collective knowledge makes it even more rewarding!

Jumping into saving for retirement and checking out the FIRE idea has been a nice experience for me. I've been putting money into a Roth IRA and a 401(k) at work, especially when my job adds some money to it too. But it's not always easy. I'm trying to find the right balance between saving for the future and enjoying life now.

skyshield

Postby skyshield » March 11th, 2024, 9:47 pm

I've been all in on index funds and ETFs for their simplicity and market reach, while embracing the FIRE principles to ramp up my savings rate. Striking a balance between saving aggressively and living well now has been a key challenge.

Experimenting with real estate crowdfunding added some diversity to my portfolio, though it definitely requires doing your homework. On plotting my FIRE path, I actually used this early retirement planning tool. It really helped me see how tweaking my savings and investments could impact my retirement timeline.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » March 11th, 2024, 11:14 pm

skyshield wrote:On plotting my FIRE path, I actually used this early retirement planning tool. It really helped me see how tweaking my savings and investments could impact my retirement timeline.

Ta, I think that's a new one on me and I like some of its features. Been an interesting 20 minutes fiddling with numbers. I've been using https://firecalc.com/ so it doesn't tell me anything new it's just an interface.

Return to “Retirement Investing (inc FIRE)”