Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYP, TR and other Strategies

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: HYP, TR and other Strategies

Postby Itsallaguess » April 8th, 2018, 11:37 am

DiamondEcho wrote:
If it's no longer wise to progressively phase into fixed-income and remain in stocks instead, then the wisdom of maintaining a reasonably budgeted cash-buffer appears higher.

I'd go further than that and say that it appears to be critical to such a strategy....

In my opinion it's absolutely key to maintaining largely full exposure to high-yield investments with the rest of the pot, and I can't imagine being comfortable at all with cash or near-cash of less than at least a couple of years worth of income.

In addition to that, a dividend income with some good margin to spare over the expected requirements is also a key aspect in my long-term plans, with a view to re-investment of the spare income to help maintain and grow that margin.

I expect this dividend-margin aspect to fluctuate somewhat, but along with a back-up pot of near-cash income if it's required, I think these two aspects will form the majority of my 'Plan-B' options for when the expected market-downturns come around.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”