Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

"Building the Pot"

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Walrus
Lemon Slice

Re: "Building the Pot"

Postby Walrus » October 18th, 2018, 10:55 pm

Moderator Message:
DELETED. No snarky comments about each other, or discussion about Moderation matters. Please let Mods do the Modding, just hit report and move on. Thanks, dspp

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » October 19th, 2018, 3:03 pm

pyad wrote:
JuanDB wrote:
Personally I’d like to be able to express sympathy for another human being, without needing to kick them in the vegetables for mistakes a decade ago. I suspect the OP has had plenty of time to regret their position at the time.

Nonsense, I don't think you were there and don't realise what was going on (apologies if you were). I was and so were several others on this thread.

That chap went on for literally years in a nauseating sort of homespun wisdom style about Lloyds and how it deserved all his equity investment cash (though as mentioned above, he later admitted that in fact he had others and so was actually misleading people, making him even more suspect). He was broadcasting this wonderful strategy to people such that the naive could easily have fallen for it, with repeated and prolix messages offering the clear implication that he was right and therefore critics were wrong.

The whole thing may even have been a wind-up, who knows, but whatever, he was totally wrong and was told as much, there was no "mistake".

He therefore does not deserve any sympathy whatsoever, if he is to be discussed at all then condemnation is the only reaction deserved.

One of the best bits of advice I have ever received was to "Separate the man from the plan from the idea" (Rick Brown, marketing lecturer, Bradford Business School).

Sounds like JimSusan's idea of ignoring the possibility of unlikely events was fundamentally flawed, which led to a dubious plan of having no diversification.
JimSusan's idea and plan deserved to be pointed out as total [expletive deleted].
JimSusan, the person, deserves our sympathy.

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » October 19th, 2018, 3:06 pm

'Turnips' wasn't the word that I typed, but an auto-substitution.
I like it, as it still conveys the point I was wanting to make

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”