Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

change to my "IT" Basket

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

change to my "IT" Basket

Postby Arborbridge » November 23rd, 2018, 7:23 am

As part of my pension strategy, I am running several strings apart from HYP. One of these is an IT basket similar to Luni's, but with one or two "impure" additions. Such an additon was SPDR UK dividend Aristocrats, which seemed to offer something part way towards HYP, so it seemed worth including it, if only as a benchmark. There's a thread here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=4001

I've decided UKDV simply doesn't cut the mustard. Purchased in April 2012, it has achieved a rip-roaring XIRR of 1.75%, steadily going downhill since it hit 6% in 2015, but worse is that the income has been virtually static (around 2% increase overall). In fact, the lack of increase in dividend for this group of companies seem inexplicable since many of them are normal HYP stock.

So, it's goodbye UKDV: you gave us high hopes but did not fulfill early promise, despite my giving you plenty of time. This ETF cannot run with the big boys of managed income ITs. The proceeds will be redeployed in ITs in the same broker account.

Arb.

toofast2live
Lemon Slice

Re: change to my "IT" Basket

Postby toofast2live » November 23rd, 2018, 11:58 am

Arb, what is in your current basket. And how have the trusts performed?

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”