Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Robo-HYP

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Robo-HYP

Postby moorfield » November 27th, 2018, 8:06 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/comme ... rvice.html

It then provides the appropriate investment option – which is one of four Santander funds made up of a mixture of equities and bonds.

This got me thinking - I wounder how long it will be before we see a Robo-HYP app ...? (Perhaps I'll build one)

It can't be that difficult in essence:

1 Buy this.

2 Hold it.

:lol:

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Re: Robo-HYP

Postby Raptor » November 27th, 2018, 8:25 am

Moderator Message:
Moving to Strategy from Practical. More apt board for discussing "link". Raptor.

DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Re: Robo-HYP

Postby DiamondEcho » December 9th, 2018, 9:34 pm

moorfield wrote:This got me thinking - I wounder how long it will be before we see a Robo-HYP app ...? (Perhaps I'll build one)
It can't be that difficult in essence:
1 Buy this.
2 Hold it.
:lol:

You'd have thought HYP would be an ideal strategy to be robo-ised. But, the hurdle metrics are not exactly transparent, and neither is the relative approach taken ['Pick from the Top-x from the FTSE-100'], which in earlier forms is also archaic and hence outdated.
I used to do financial modelling [for a big bank/broker], including stuff like the suggested, would be happy to chip-in, but without metrics I don't see a basis that would get consensus. You could also make it clever, not just what to pick, but when to sell or cut a loss and re-invest in something better. I mean there is a point we sell right, it doesn't HAVE to be following Marconi and Enron right down the pan?
This will be heresy to some still following the original orthodox 'RULES' from 20+ years ago. Like the world of investing in a high-yield stock portfolio hasn't changed in all that time...

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”