Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Time to plough more in

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: Time to plough more in

Postby PinkDalek » December 29th, 2018, 7:02 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:
re. Topping up Grid, did you see this?

https://www.investorschronicle.co.uk/ti ... -in-doubt/

Yes the article is behind a pay/subscription wall - you may be appear to catch a glimpse of some of it, still though, even if you don't have an IC subscription.

Fo non-subscribers a search for National Grid dividend in doubt should find the full article.

AndyPandy
Lemon Slice

Postby AndyPandy » December 29th, 2018, 11:27 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
For non-subscribers a search for National Grid dividend in doubt should find the full article.

intriguingly, if you use Chrome, then highlighting the appropriate text and then 'right clicking' brings up "Search Google Chrome for 'National Grid Dividend in doubt " as an option which helpfully even opens it in a new Tab.

Others may know this. I didn't.

Walrus
Lemon Slice

Postby Walrus » December 30th, 2018, 12:59 am

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:
Walrus wrote:I'm being a good HYPer and keeping with the program. No panic stations, I think the only thing I hold which is remotely tempting to sell is Lloyds, but more to do with better alternatives available than anything else.

My gut feeling is we are going lower from here but I'm also attracted to topping up specifically.

BATs
Grid
Some Alternative Income trusts (OT)

I have this year's ISA allowance remaining and am tempted to stick some In now even though my plan was to wait until after Brexit day. Anyone got any views on investment timing 're Brexit

Hi Walrus,

re. Topping up Grid, did you see this?

https://www.investorschronicle.co.uk/ti ... -in-doubt/

Yes the article is behind a pay/subscription wall - you may be appear to catch a glimpse of some of it, still though, even if you don't have an IC subscription.

Matt

Hi Matt

Yes I was aware of this, this pre empted the 10 percent dip before I started this particular thread. Will see how the horse trading with the regulator goes, I'd suspect some compromise will be reached on both investment and returns. But Yes having 40% of your business hammered by this would be a severe blow.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » December 30th, 2018, 6:54 am

Walrus wrote:Hi Matt

Yes I was aware of this, this pre empted the 10 percent dip before I started this particular thread. Will see how the horse trading with the regulator goes, I'd suspect some compromise will be reached on both investment and returns. But Yes having 40% of your business hammered by this would be a severe blow.

Thanks Walrus - I think I see how you are playing this one out. Interesting.

I did consider topping up (from our selection of FTSE 100 shares) the NG. one. However, I opted for ULVR and may bung some more in IMB in a while.

Matt

Walrus
Lemon Slice

Postby Walrus » December 30th, 2018, 7:40 am

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:
Walrus wrote:Hi Matt

Thanks Walrus - I think I see how you are playing this one out. Interesting.

I did consider topping up (from our selection of FTSE 100 shares) the NG. one. However, I opted for ULVR and may bung some more in IMB in a while.

Matt

FWIW I added to IMB rather than BAT on Christmas Eve. NG I have left alone.

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”