Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Sitting on My Hands

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Walrus
Lemon Slice

Sitting on My Hands

Postby Walrus » May 5th, 2019, 11:39 am

As somewhat a follow up to Time to plough more in, I'm currently sat on this year's ISA allowance, a couple of months of dividends and the proceeds from my sales of UU and Lloyds roughly 20 percent in cash now at the overall portfolio level. This has left my HYP relatively balanced and nothing is a screaming buy for me right now. I have enough in Vodafone right now!

I've found myself leaning to moving to more alternative income holdings rather than increasing individual share holdings. I'd like to invest in renewables but the trusts seem expensive, have contemplated the fund of funds by Foresight as something to dip my toe in here but robsered if anyone had any other suggestions?

On the REIT side I'm tempted by some BBOX and possibly NRR butvagsin these are not areas I've really got any experience in.

One other interesting fund I see in this space is RM alternatives, but again I'm worried by this fund of funds approach on the basis of cost, it feels difficult to know just how expensive it is, also it's a pretty small fund.

Anyway basically I'm looking for some tips/ thoughts in these spaces that win complement a HYP portion of my portfolio.

The

Walrus

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Sitting on My Hands

Postby Arborbridge » May 7th, 2019, 8:54 am

Walrus wrote:As somewhat a follow up to Time to plough more in, I'm currently sat on this year's ISA allowance, a couple of months of dividends and the proceeds from my sales of UU and Lloyds roughly 20 percent in cash now at the overall portfolio level. This has left my HYP relatively balanced and nothing is a screaming buy for me right now. I have enough in Vodafone right now!

I've found myself leaning to moving to more alternative income holdings rather than increasing individual share holdings. I'd like to invest in renewables but the trusts seem expensive, have contemplated the fund of funds by Foresight as something to dip my toe in here but robsered if anyone had any other suggestions?

On the REIT side I'm tempted by some BBOX and possibly NRR butvagsin these are not areas I've really got any experience in.

One other interesting fund I see in this space is RM alternatives, but again I'm worried by this fund of funds approach on the basis of cost, it feels difficult to know just how expensive it is, also it's a pretty small fund.

Anyway basically I'm looking for some tips/ thoughts in these spaces that win complement a HYP portion of my portfolio.

The

Walrus

I feel your pain! I'm going through similar thoughts at present as I'm wondering whether to make some changes. By the time one has checked the performance and virtues of various ITs, both income and growth against my own HYP using various criteria, and of having a range of pickering conversations with myself - the conclusion is: there isn't a conclusion.

Arb.
Arb.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: Sitting on My Hands

Postby richfool » May 7th, 2019, 9:07 am

I am easing a bit more to the defensive side. Have added a couple of flexible sector IT's (including SIGT & MATE), and already hold infrastructure (INPP & GCP), alternative energy (JLEN & TRIG) and property (inc WHR) trusts.

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”