Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

HYP Buying For End of Oct

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYP Buying For End of Oct

Postby Bouleversee » June 23rd, 2019, 3:46 pm

Dod101 wrote:Well I am fully invested in respect of the funds I have allocated for investment. The four years of expenditure is actually a deliberate allocation in N S & I Index linkers, asset management if you like. They are to my mind too valuable to sell and the reason it is so much is that the income from them is simply rolling up and has been doing for the last 20 years or so. It is not really a float, or a buffer but would be that if Armageddon really did strike.

Dod

I have quite a chunk in those as well and I see from the annual statement for one of them, just received, that the index linked return for the past year was 3.03% plus 0.01% interest. As they mature now, however, if renewed the return switches to C.P.I. which I think is currently only at the rate of 1.9%. Will you continue to renew and hold on this basis?

I also have a reasonably large sum in a cash ISA which I had intended to transfer to an equity ISA when its 5% guaranteed interest rate came to an end but in view of the performance of my II ISA which contains my past few years' ISA subscriptions, I am rather glad I didn't. A lousy return is better than losing the capital.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » June 23rd, 2019, 10:24 pm

Bouleversee. Yes I will just leave them undisturbed to continue to roll up, mainly because I can see nothing better to do with the cash. Mind you 5% would be pretty good!

However I see them as the ultimate fall back should the worse happen and feel quite comfortable with them sitting in the background.

Dod

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » June 24th, 2019, 6:19 am

HYPMonkey wrote:Anybody else sitting on large cash piles waiting to see if there is a no-deal at end of Oct ahead of a HYP shopping spree?
Moderator Message:
Interesting topic, and strategy, but not what HYP is about. So I've moved it to High Yield Shares & Strategies - general leaving a link - Chris

I'm still buying more equities, but less than I was between Nov 2018 and March 2019.

In other words still drip feeding, but letting my cash grow a bit with Oct in mind.

October could also be an interesting time in the US:
https://www.vox.com/2019/5/22/18635564/ ... imit-trump

Matt

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”