Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

The future for Energy Stocks?

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Re: The future for Energy Stocks?

Postby Gengulphus » September 25th, 2019, 4:14 am

88V8 wrote:Green is all very topical, but can anyone make money out of it.
Tech was topical, remember, and the wipeout that followed.

Yes, I remember that well - and I also remember making a lot of money out of tech!

But your question "can anyone make money out of it" is rather ambiguous: do you mean "is it possible to make money out of a topical investment?" or do you mean "is it easy to make money out of a topical investment - so easy that anyone at all can do it?"? I'd say that the answer is "yes, it's certainly possible" if you mean the former (I'm living proof of that!) but "no, it's not that easy" if you mean the latter. Recognising that you're in a bubble and overcoming your own greed enough to take a good amount of money off the table when you're ahead, but also overcoming your own fear enough to leave a good amount on the table to benefit from the bubble continuing to inflate (if it does, of course) is not desperately difficult technically, but it's definitely not easy psychologically. And when the bubble starts to deflate, resisting the temptation to buy back in because the shares are now looking comparatively cheap is also not easy psychologically.

Gengulphus

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”