Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Housebuilders

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Housebuilders

Postby Wizard » June 16th, 2020, 5:46 pm

dealtn wrote:
minerjoe wrote:Hi All,

I don't currently have any housebuilders in my portfolio, having chosen not to add them in the past due to the rampant market. However with this dip, I see a chance to add in a long term buy. With that and given the range of candidates, I was wondering if anyone had a view onto which might be suitable - I understand the impacts of Covid on the housing market in the short term. This doesn't worry me.

As things currently stand I am not allowed to post here.

My understanding is that all 3 shares mentioned so far have cut/suspended their dividends making them illegible for "strict" HYP purchase (or "tight HYP discussions only please" as the Forum rules currently state).

I am invested in this sector, and have been with various companies for several years. Should you wish to discuss further might I suggest you either post on an alternative Board, or send a PM. All 3 companies mentioned so far have a thread on the Company Share News Board as far as I know which might be an appropriate place to digest other contributions.

regards

Like dealtn as I am not an HYP investor I cannot post on HYP-P.

I am not sure of exactly the context of the question, but as you posted on HYP-P I presume it is an income share you want, hence my picking this board to reply on. I hold Barratt Developments and previously held Berkley, but have never held Persimmon or Taylor Wimpey. At the moment I do not think I would be looking to top up on housebuilders. They seem to take a rather cyclical approach to dividends and now they have cut it may be a long time before they return to any reasonable level of payout. I appreciate you mention adding in a "long term buy", but if you are not looking for the income now then in essence this is a recovery play rather than an income play. Is that the case?

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”