Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Arbit, HYP and OEICs 2022 Q3

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
OhNoNotimAgain
Lemon Slice

Re: Arbit, HYP and OEICs 2022 Q3

Postby OhNoNotimAgain » November 5th, 2022, 5:51 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
OhNoNotimAgain wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:
OhNoNotimAgain wrote:You should also review the UK All Companies Sector for Income.

I've long held Mercantile, which is currently the only decent yield in that sector - around 3.79%. THere is an argument that once I have enough income (which begs the question, who wouldn't like more income?) it's quite acceptable to go "down yield".

There might be a case for Fidelity Special Values in addition to, or instead of FGT, though in recent years I've favoured bigger holdings as opposed to splitting my effort into a myriad of funds. I still probably have too many for some here.

Arb.

OEICS not ITs

OK. Any particular reason? I saw your earlier comment, but what is behind it?
BTW, if I were to take up your suggestion, it would entail selling out of one of the current OEICS and substituting the new one - so one would have to make the case that the replacement was better. There's no unallocated cash pool in that account to buy an extra holding.

Arb,

Why do you need more than one OEIC?

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Arbit, HYP and OEICs 2022 Q3

Postby Arborbridge » November 7th, 2022, 7:44 am

OhNoNotimAgain wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:
OhNoNotimAgain wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:
OhNoNotimAgain wrote:You should also review the UK All Companies Sector for Income.

I've long held Mercantile, which is currently the only decent yield in that sector - around 3.79%. THere is an argument that once I have enough income (which begs the question, who wouldn't like more income?) it's quite acceptable to go "down yield".

There might be a case for Fidelity Special Values in addition to, or instead of FGT, though in recent years I've favoured bigger holdings as opposed to splitting my effort into a myriad of funds. I still probably have too many for some here.

Arb.

OEICS not ITs

OK. Any particular reason? I saw your earlier comment, but what is behind it?
BTW, if I were to take up your suggestion, it would entail selling out of one of the current OEICS and substituting the new one - so one would have to make the case that the replacement was better. There's no unallocated cash pool in that account to buy an extra holding.

Arb,

Why do you need more than one OEIC?

And which is your "One"?

The reasons for having more than one are pretty obvious, and you've been around long enough to know the various discussion there have been over the decade - so I'm not tempted to go further.

Arb.

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”