Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Income IT filter - July 2023

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Income IT filter - July 2023

Postby Itsallaguess » July 21st, 2023, 8:01 am

I tend to run a few different income-IT related filters from time to time, as I always like to have a 'running candidate list' on the go for both top-up and potential-new-investment purposes.

These filters are designed to whittle down large amounts of data into a more manageable sub-set of income-IT options with various 'quality-related' characteristics, to then help with further possible investigation, and I thought I'd post a recent table with the following criteria -

• Dividend Yield over 3.5%
  • 5-year Dividend Growth Rate Per-Annum over 4%
  • Share Price 3-Year Total Return over 10%
  • NAV 3-Year Total Return over 10%
  • Gearing limit of 15%

The resulting table below is ranked by AIC Sector, and then by yield within each sector, and the left hand 'Company' column contains an underlying URL link to the relevant AIC page for each of the listed IT's -

I tend to purposely set these types of filtering criteria fairly 'loosely', as I prefer to have a slightly larger set of initial options for further investigation, and I've found that setting things too tight initially can sometimes miss interesting diversification candidates.

When I started diversifying my income-stream into more 'Global' investments a few years ago, I ran a similar screen to the above and JEGI, HINT, and JGGI were returned in the filters I ran at that time, and it's good to see them still appear in this more recent data-set following some years of fairly turbulent markets.

The above data-set can be replicated from the really useful AIC screening page linked below, after setting appropriate fields for sectors and data-points, and then making sure to set the 'Enable Print Mode' once the filters have returned their data, from which point a spreadsheet can be used to then filter down to any more granular required levels for each data-point -

https://www.theaic.co.uk/aic/find-compare-investment-companies/advanced-compare?set=import

Please note that none of the above are recommendations of any sort, but I hope the above post is at least of some interest to income-IT investors in terms of process and data-gathering options.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Re: Income IT filter - July 2023

Postby Gerry557 » July 21st, 2023, 12:39 pm

Interesting list. It might be more interesting for me cos I was looking for something similar.

Just recheck SERE, I thought I'd read recently that the divi might be cut.

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Postby MDW1954 » July 21st, 2023, 1:14 pm

Gerry557 wrote:Just recheck SERE, I thought I'd read recently that the divi might be cut.

You may be misunderstanding what IAAG has done. This is a screen, run against the data on the AIC website.

So when you say "recheck" it, IAAG has simply reported what is there. And so, you could have checked it yourself.

To save you the trouble, here is the page:

https://www.theaic.co.uk/companydata/schroder-european-real-estate

But think about what happens when rumours or stories of a potential dividend cut begin to circulate: the share price falls, and the dividend yield consequently rises.

Take a look at SERE's recent share price history, and you see a significant fall in price happen from the end of June. (June 27th, to be precise.)

So I'm not sure what "recheck" SERE means. All the relevant data is already out there, in the public domain. Or, to put it more precisely still, all the relevant data is readily available on your own computer. There is no need for IAAG to do anything.

MDW1954

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 21st, 2023, 2:03 pm

Gerry557 wrote:Interesting list. It might be more interesting for me cos I was looking for something similar.

Just recheck SERE, I thought I'd read recently that the divi might be cut.

Just to answer the question.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/announcem ... rt/7599050

"Reflecting the potential impact of higher interest costs on the Company's earnings and more patient capital deployment strategy, the quarterly target minimum dividend will be rebased to 1.48 euro cps per quarter (80% of the previous level), commencing with the third interim dividend payable in October 2023. This will allow management to be more patient deploying cash reserves into attractive investment opportunities that are likely to arise, as well as enabling the immediate payment of a fully covered dividend."

( 1.48 cents x 4 x 0.87 exchange rate)/79p share price equates to ~6.5%.

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”