Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

My High (ish) Yield Portfolio evolving

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
eyeball08
Lemon Pip

My High (ish) Yield Portfolio evolving

Postby eyeball08 » August 13th, 2023, 6:53 pm

Recently set aside some time to analyse how two ISA accounts are doing, mine and that of spouse. Spouse has many other qualities but faffing around with investments of no interest to her. Started in 2008 with different providers but morphed into one provider. Initially in certificated form, now not at all. Some years back, asked for advice on smallest sensible top-up or investment size and answer then (thanks to the late Gengulphus) was somewhere around £3k, but that was with a minimum broker fee of around £50 per transaction, how times have changed.
I decided to simplify by shedding shares largely for Investment Trusts, especially now that some of the very oldest ones have higher yields than some years back. The aim is tax-free income top-ups, for the enjoyment of retirement. Aim achieved. Other pensions coming in but did retire at 57.
I thought this would lead to overall simplification, with much fewer holdings, not really got there yet! But I feel much more relaxed with the mixture and flow of income smoothed with many paying quarterly.
I am literally surprised to have ended up with 11 investment trusts (53%) one ETF (3%) (VHYL) and still 10 shares (44%).
Having started with the original purchased tip sheet from PYAD it has evolved this way and I feel content. Overall yield around 5% .
Big thank you to IAAG and several others on here over the years.
eyeball08

Return to “High Yield Shares & Strategies - General”