Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Agreed bid for Fenner

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Agreed bid for Fenner

Postby Bouleversee » March 20th, 2018, 10:30 am

Not another one, as the lady said when told of an approaching election. Fenner has agreed to a £1.2 bn. takeover by French tyre maker Michelin for 610p per share so there goes another of my favourite companies to an overseas buyer. Admittedly, it had been through a rough patch but had good management and good products and was doing a good job in hauling itself back up so far as I could see and hadn't made the mistake of paying out more in dividends than it could afford when times were hard.

Suggestions for reinvestment of proceeds gratefully received. Nothing immediately springs to mind. Rather a lot of my long term holdings are in the doldrums, in some cases likely to bite the dust, and I have rather lost confidence. I've just noticed T&L's s.p. which shocked me as I hadn't been keeping an eye on it and wasn't aware of any problems there. Anyone know?

dspp
Lemon Half

Re: Agreed bid for Fenner

Postby dspp » March 20th, 2018, 11:05 am

Drat.

http://www.iii.co.uk/research/LSE:FENR/ ... t=LSE:FENR

Another few months and I'd have been able to get them inside my ISA shelter. Looks like that's some of next year's (2018/2019) CGT allowance gone already.

regards, dspp

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » March 20th, 2018, 11:09 am

Bad luck! Come to think of it, I need to check whether any of mine are in a dealing account or certificated. Too many holdings to keep track of. I have sufficient c/f losses for it not to matter, however.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » March 20th, 2018, 1:22 pm

Mine are all in an ISA, thank goodness. No complicated sums to do for the taxman.

I should have mentioned that there will be a dividend of 2.1p p.s. to be declared at the end of April. The market price is now higher than the offer price plus the dividend so am wondering whether to sell now. I wonder what the chances are of a higher bid or something else scuppering the agreed bid.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”