Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

After pay. ( apt asx)

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
Pastcaring
2 Lemon pips

After pay. ( apt asx)

Postby Pastcaring » July 19th, 2018, 2:24 pm

Perhaps something to think about for those looking for the next big thing

Going on worldwide expansion.I don' t know if you have lay by in the UK. Buy the goods and the shop keeps them while you make 10 equal interest free payments,collect the goods after the final payment.

After pay is just a modern version of that.I looked at it last year and decided lending small amounts of money to lots of people could be a recipe for disaster.Since then it has gone up by a lot.I didn' t buy any then,I have no plans to by any now.

Perhaps something to look at,or keep in mind .For some reason it took a very big jump today,one share I own ( cimic) came second to apt in big jumps today.Cimic rose by about 17% today.

Be aware that that the ASX is a very small market and manipulation by big pension funds does occur.

Cimic was called Leighton's and has been very good to me for around 20 years.They were 52% owned by Hochtief from Germany, Hochtief ran into trouble and were taken over by a Spanish company.
The name was changed to Cimic by the Spanish company.They own around 82% of the company shares now .With not having much of a free float it is volatile and tends to large jumps or falls

During the GFC it held up very well until Dubai went bust,they had bought a big construction firm in Dubai,Al Habtoor.When the cockroaches came out it proved to be a bad buy.nobody would pay for all the big hotels / resorts they had built.

Interesting chart though,and a good divi payer all the time I have held it

cim. asx

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: After pay. ( apt asx)

Postby monabri » July 19th, 2018, 2:58 pm

Very sorry, Pastcaring, but you might be better posting under "Share ideas" as I don't believe ASX is in the remit of this particular board.

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » July 19th, 2018, 3:00 pm

Moderator Message:
Poster has not read board gudiance for HYP Practical, moving to share ideas. Raptor.

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » July 19th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Pastcaring wrote:Perhaps something to think about for those looking for the next big thing

Going on worldwide expansion.I don' t know if you have lay by in the UK. Buy the goods and the shop keeps them while you make 10 equal interest free payments,collect the goods after the final payment.

After pay is just a modern version of that.I looked at it last year and decided lending small amounts of money to lots of people could be a recipe for disaster.Since then it has gone up by a lot.I didn' t buy any then,I have no plans to by any now.

Perhaps something to look at,or keep in mind .For some reason it took a very big jump today,one share I own ( cimic) came second to apt in big jumps today.Cimic rose by about 17% today.

Be aware that that the ASX is a very small market and manipulation by big pension funds does occur.

Cimic was called Leighton's and has been very good to me for around 20 years.They were 52% owned by Hochtief from Germany, Hochtief ran into trouble and were taken over by a Spanish company.
The name was changed to Cimic by the Spanish company.They own around 82% of the company shares now .With not having much of a free float it is volatile and tends to large jumps or falls

During the GFC it held up very well until Dubai went bust,they had bought a big construction firm in Dubai,Al Habtoor.When the cockroaches came out it proved to be a bad buy.nobody would pay for all the big hotels / resorts they had built.

Interesting chart though,and a good divi payer all the time I have held it

cim. asx

Pastcaring,

This is the right place to post share ideas on TLF. Personally I have no clue about these particular ones.

regards, dspp

Pastcaring
2 Lemon pips

Postby Pastcaring » July 20th, 2018, 2:16 am

Thanks all,fair enough .I didn't realise I had it in the wrong section.

Probably nobody has heard of the companies I mention,the ASX is very small by world terms.

APT has taken off again today.9 am here,market has been open for 1 hr.APT opened up around 18% but has fallen to an 11% rise.Could be manipulation going on,but the company is not large enough yet to be part of the derivatives market .

The only pension fund that owns it seems to be J p Morgan,they have a roughly equal holding with the two founders.Perhaps other pension funds are coming in strongly.I have a vague memory of some very wealthy Americans putting money in for the expansion into the USA .

The experts have rated it a strong buy,with a target price of $23.A good reason for me to avoid it.

The stock is in the fintech index here,I think it is just part of the shadow banking system.Another reason for me to avoid it on ethical reasons.

I just thought any momentum traders may be interested.

Sunshine,blue skies,cold winter's day here,I' m off to ride up the coast from Fremantle.Keep as far away from market noise as possible

Pastcaring
2 Lemon pips

Postby Pastcaring » August 20th, 2018, 3:11 pm

One month update on APT (Asx )

Took a reasonable jump over the month,went from $14.50 on 20 July to $17.50 today.Close enough to 20% for me ,turned out it was one for the momentum traders.

I didn' t buy any then,I'm not buying any now .

Cimic did 4% increase over the month,but 20 odd years of holding them they still produce good dividends and capital growth for me.However as the Spanish company ( ACS ) that is the major shareholder of Hochtief and thus Cimic does not want their shareholding diluted,no dividend reinvestment plans etc.They should really be forced into a full takeover bid .Should I ever need money ,which is highly unlikely,then Comic will be sold (CIM. ASX )

One I missed for around 14 years now is CSL (ASX ) ,still waiting for the price to go down.A blood products/ vaccines company.Sold by the govt for around $2.50 a share mid 1990,s.Had a 3 for one share split ( don't recall when ) and is now around $220 per share,split adjusted $2.50 to $660 in around 23 yrs.

I' ve had 2 half hearted goes at that one and one full on attempt.Around 2 or 3 years ago it fell from $120 ish to $90 ish ,I thought I would bite the bullet and buy a thousand.The order went in at around $89 .75.I timed it perfectly,the day I put the order in was one day before it took off again.Missed it by that much, ( holding thumbs 1 mm apart ).I am 99.9% certain I will never own CSL,waiting for the price to go down forever.Somebody might be interested in it,trading at record highs ,but it has traded at record highs so many times now.

Pastcaring
2 Lemon pips

Postby Pastcaring » August 20th, 2018, 3:35 pm

Just googled shareholders for CSL,the usual top twenty in pretty much the same order.

HSBC own 35% of shares on issue and J P Morgan own 15%.

Top twenty shareholders ( pension funds ) own 66% of shares on issue.Grand total of 145,000 shareholders,around 0.6% of the population which is pretty much bang on par.I' d be happy if I was one of those shareholders.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”