Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Indigovision

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Indigovision

Postby gbjbaanb » August 16th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Not a share I've been following much ,even though I still have a small holding but the last 2 days has seen quick an uptick.

In March they (well, MrContrarian) said

Indigovision Group (IND) FY rev as guided, adj EPS -29.6c (+9c) 'before deferred tax'. Div passed. "It is expected that considerable progress in delivering the Group's strategy will be made in 2018 but this will not be reflected fully in it's operating results until 2019, consequently management is targeting to at least break even in the current year." Current trading encouraging.

So it looks like progress is being made. Does anyone have any news as I can't find any reason for the surge.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Re: Indigovision

Postby simoan » August 16th, 2018, 12:32 pm

Try this: https://www.investegate.co.uk/indigovis ... 00038148X/

Do you not read RNS'es?
All the best, Si

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » August 16th, 2018, 1:42 pm

simoan wrote:Do you not read RNS'es?

Not speaking for gbjbaanb, but I don't in general read RNSes - there are just too many of them and most of them have little (if anything) to contribute to investment decisions! Especially if you count the ones that Investegate filter out, and especially especially when there's a takeover battle.

But I do recommend checking them when there's a big, sudden price change on a share that you're wondering about. You won't always find the explanation in them - sometimes the price change is due to something else, such as a share tip in the press, or to nothing very identifiable - but it finds the explanation often enough to be worth doing. And it takes considerably less time than a general policy of reading RNSes.

Gengulphus

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » August 16th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Gengulphus wrote:Not speaking for gbjbaanb, but I don't in general read RNSes - there are just too many of them and most of them have little (if anything) to contribute to investment decisions! Especially if you count the ones that Investegate filter out, and especially especially when there's a takeover battle.

But I do recommend checking them when there's a big, sudden price change on a share that you're wondering about. You won't always find the explanation in them - sometimes the price change is due to something else, such as a share tip in the press, or to nothing very identifiable - but it finds the explanation often enough to be worth doing. And it takes considerably less time than a general policy of reading RNSes.

Gengulphus

Well, horses for courses I guess. I scan through the 7am RNS announcements every morning and read the one's that relate to my holdings (particularly small caps) or other companies in which I'm interested. I find it helps my investing a lot and highlights things I would not otherwise have been aware of.

However, if you are concerned by a share price movement surely the RNS feed is the first place to look? And if you're really that bothered by what you find why not Google "Peter Gyllenhammer" to get some background. It's not difficult and takes only a few minutes but maybe that's too much effort when you can just ask someone else!

All the best, Si

gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Postby gbjbaanb » August 16th, 2018, 3:15 pm

TBH I use a particular quote site to see what's what with a share, and I you've just alerted me to the news that their "news" section at the bottom doesn't include RNSes for some bizarre reason.

Still, 3% holding doesn't seem like anything I'd noticed anyway - nominee companies often declare such holdings so I skip over them.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » August 16th, 2018, 4:21 pm

gbjbaanb wrote:Still, 3% holding doesn't seem like anything I'd noticed anyway - nominee companies often declare such holdings so I skip over them.

Well, it depends who the holder is but I always read them. Peter Gyllenhammar is a well known activist investor. When he builds a stake it doesn't normally stop at 3%, hence the increase in the share price as others anticipate a payday, or in the case of IND, being put out of their bloody misery!! What a shockingly poor long term investment it's been. I absolutely always read holdings RNS announcements for small caps in which I have an interest, not that IND fits into that category!

All the best, Si

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » August 16th, 2018, 7:22 pm

gbjbaanb wrote:TBH I use a particular quote site to see what's what with a share, and I you've just alerted me to the news that their "news" section at the bottom doesn't include RNSes for some bizarre reason.

I can think of at least two non-bizarre reasons why a site might do that. One is that an RNS feed almost certainly costs a significant chunk of money, and they might well only have a limited budget to spend on news feeds - and they might well prioritise the greater user-friendliness of other news sources over the from-the-horse's-mouth nature of RNS. (Note that doesn't mean that I approve of such priorities - I most definitely don't, quite the contrary!)

The other is that ordinary users of those sites are likely to find things like the 38 RNSes issued today (and similarly large numbers every trading day for many months now) for Sky decidedly intimidating, and that if mixed in with other news sources about the company, they'll swamp the signal with what is at first sight a great deal of incomprehensible noise about 'Form 8.5 (EPT/RI) - Replacement's and the like, not particularly clarified by the longer heading 'PUBLIC DEALING DISCLOSURE BY AN EXEMPT PRINCIPAL TRADER WITH RECOGNISED INTERMEDIARY STATUS DEALING IN A CLIENT-SERVING CAPACITY' in the body of the RNS. If one doesn't already know at least roughly what it's about, one needs to follow up the lead provided by the 'Rule 8.5 of the Takeover Code (the "Code")' subheading - and the Takeover Code itself is many hundreds of pages long, with frequent requirements to look up what another part of it says to understand what the heck one part is talking about...

It's not particularly hard to gain the experience to know that the 37 of them whose subject start "Form 8." are the result of Takeover Code requirements for greater transparency than usual about all reasonably significant holders' holdings, and can be ignored if one doesn't want to track progress of the takeover at that level of detail. But it does need to be gained, and even when it has been gained, the 37 unwanted-by-most-users RNSes are just going to clutter up most users' views of other news about the company. And even the 38th RNS, entitled "Sky plc - Result of Appeal", seems pretty non-consequential, as it basically just says that the appeal made no difference to an earlier ruling that Disney would be obliged to make an offer at a price below the currently-winning £14.75 offer in certain circumstances...

To sum up, I suspect that your quote site regards adding RNS to their news feed as an expensive way of adding what most of their users will regard as quite a bit of clutter, and in certain situations like takeovers, a great deal of it!

Gengulphus

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”