Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

RPC - possible takeover

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
spiderbill
Lemon Slice

RPC - possible takeover

Postby spiderbill » September 10th, 2018, 10:32 am

Interesting developments on RPC this morning - possible takeover being considered and shares up about 20%. I've held for some time (first bought in 2012) and they've done well enough for me in capital terms along with a moderate yield, although they've dropped a lot from their peak on debt and over-aquisition worries.

Wondering whether to sell now or hold on for the bid (if it comes). About half are unsheltered and was considering bed and ISAing and using some of the CGT allowance on them, but might sell the unsheltered ones and keep the rest - thus taking the unsheltered profits and allowance benefits while keeping the ISA'd investments to see what happens next. Anyone else in a similar position?

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: RPC - possible takeover

Postby Lootman » September 10th, 2018, 11:29 am

I sold off 50% last year as my holding had become very large, and bed-and-ISA'ed the rest. It's still a pretty big holding so I will just sit on it and see how this plays out. Can't really lose either way.

If it goes I won't miss all their rights issues though. Their corporate actions were messy in a taxable account.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”