Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Greggs Plc (GRG)

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Greggs Plc (GRG)

Postby Itsallaguess » February 25th, 2019, 4:47 am

CryptoPlankton wrote:
And I'd like to wrap up mine by apologising for my OTT reply to your first post.

You've nothing to apologise for CP, so don't go worrying about that - you said it as you saw it and that's absolutely fine with me, as that's all I was doing too, and so long as we can all get along doing that, and we all try to discuss these differences of opinions whilst maintaining a level of politeness and grace, then that's all we can hope for around here....

All the best,

Itsallaguess

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » March 7th, 2019, 10:02 pm

Here’s some Company News for the Share ideas board:

2018 Prelims
https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 93116.html

Including:

It is hard to report on the performance of Greggs without reference to the vegan sausage roll, launched in early 2019 to an enthusiastic reception from our customers. The extraordinary level of social and general media coverage that followed has attracted additional visits to our shops, offering a great opportunity to showcase the many improvements that have been made to our shops and product offering in recent years. ...

Looking forward, after taking into account the Company's investment requirements and the intention to maintain our progressive dividend policy, it is likely that a proportion of the current cash position will be surplus to requirements. We are keeping our plans under active review and currently expect to be in a position to declare a special dividend at the time of the interim results in July 2019.

:D

Alaric
Lemon Half

Postby Alaric » March 7th, 2019, 10:26 pm

Greggs (quoted by PinkDalek) wrote: The extraordinary level of social and general media coverage that followed has attracted additional visits to our shops, offering a great opportunity to showcase the many improvements that have been made to our shops and product offering in recent years.

I think they are right. With drinks offerings and tables, they've moved into the space occupied by Costa and Starbucks. As well as that, they also offer cold food to take away, thus moving in on M&S and other food retailers.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”