Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Small Cap Value Report at Stockopedia

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Small Cap Value Report at Stockopedia

Postby PinkDalek » April 3rd, 2019, 2:05 pm

As others will likely have seen, from 12 April 2019 (noting the date!), they'll be making all their editorial, including the Small Cap Value Report, subscriber-only (as against registered users allowed).

Which is understandable but I'm not convinced I'll subscribe.

At least we are fortunate here, in that MrContrarian continues to post his daily Smallcap Sweeps (usually before I'm awake). :)

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Re: Small Cap Value Report at Stockopedia

Postby jackdaww » April 3rd, 2019, 5:27 pm

i have found this very useful but wont be subscribing .

if i were , i would want paul scott to turn up when he is supposed to - minus excuses .

:(

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 4th, 2019, 1:18 pm

jackdaww wrote:i have found this very useful but wont be subscribing .

if i were , i would want paul scott to turn up when he is supposed to - minus excuses .

Hmmm, those were free Reports for about 6 years. As Paul Scott has said over there Also, the disruptive element tend to be non-subscribers :D .

As for the timing of the Reports, it has always been thus and I used to enjoy paulypilot's midnight ramblings back on TMF and their timing did not concern me (unless they were gone before I read them).

Cheese!

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » April 4th, 2019, 1:34 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
jackdaww wrote:i have found this very useful but wont be subscribing .

Hmmm, those were free Reports for about 6 years. As Paul Scott has said over there Also, the disruptive element tend to be non-subscribers :D .

As for the timing of the Reports, it has always been thus and I used to enjoy paulypilot's midnight ramblings back on TMF and their timing did not concern me (unless they were gone before I read them).

Cheese!

it was not i who was disruptive , i never posted there .

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 4th, 2019, 1:57 pm

jackdaww wrote:it was not i who was disruptive , i never posted there .

My apologies if you thought I was indicating you were. I only mentioned it as there have been some recent disruptors and during that time the replies were suggesting they could be eliminated by making it paid subscriber only. Which is what Paul has now confirmed is one of the reasons.

JoyofBrex8889
2 Lemon pips

Postby JoyofBrex8889 » April 4th, 2019, 5:16 pm

I have been reading paulypilots stuff since the late nineties (Anyone else remember PPL Therspeutics and the various shareholder action groups?)

Reading the SCVR daily has saved me tens of thousands of pounds: it’s not so much the companies reported on positively that I read it for but the dire warnings about the flawed accounts of duffers; this alone has steered me away from a number of expensive disasters over the years. Plus Paul is a writer to treasure. Reading the dullest set of accounts becomes a thing of joy when combined with his writing “voice”. A shout out also to Graham N who is an excellent foil and counterweight against Pauls enthusiasm for the higher risk multibagging stuff.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » April 5th, 2019, 8:32 am

i do agree pauls and grahams comments are great , and i WOULD pay for them , but i dont need the masses of numbers stocko provides .

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”