Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT)

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT)

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » June 8th, 2019, 11:47 am

Hi Folks

Does anyone much about this outfit? For instance what FTSE Index it particular...the LondonStockExchange page gives a '-' for this, and Interactive Investor page also fails to tell me of this setting.

All I've picked up so far, is that it has Market cap of about £1.58B and that the shares were recently marked up on good H1 numbers.

Anyone know of it's FTSE index and/or have any more nuggets to share about this one?

Many thanks,
Matt

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Re: Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT)

Postby simoan » June 8th, 2019, 12:14 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:Hi Folks

Does anyone much about this outfit? For instance what FTSE Index it particular...the LondonStockExchange page gives a '-' for this, and Interactive Investor page also fails to tell me of this setting.

All I've picked up so far, is that it has Market cap of about £1.58B and that the shares were recently marked up on good H1 numbers.

Anyone know of it's FTSE index and/or have any more nuggets to share about this one?

Many thanks,
Matt

It has a full listing on the LSE but was removed from the indices several years ago. See; http://www.stockmarketwire.com/article/ ... eries.html

However, my ethics do not permit me from investing in it...

All the best, Si
Last edited by simoan on June 8th, 2019, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » June 8th, 2019, 12:24 pm

simoan wrote:
TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:Hi Folks

Many thanks,
Matt

It has a full listing on the LSE but was removed from the indices several years ago. See; http://www.stockmarketwire.com/article/ ... eries.html

All the best, Si

Cheers Si,

I'll follow that article in due course. FWIW I'm currently reviewing a few hopefuls to add to our foli over the next few months (e.g. softcat, sophos, hollywoodbowl and this one). I'm looking at SCT first, but grabbed some key info on all of them first (e.g. mark cap and index).

Matt

Alaric
Lemon Half

Postby Alaric » June 8th, 2019, 12:28 pm

simoan wrote:It has a full listing on the LSE but was removed from the indices several years ago.

The reason being that the "A" shares are non-voting.

Sites like morningstar have the usual data on it. Dividend yield is around 3% at the moment but the shares have climbed over the last year.

gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Postby gbjbaanb » June 10th, 2019, 2:16 pm

not sure about the Daily Mail trust (though to think its an unethical stock is just getting silly), but I know Reach (that used to be Trinity Mirror) continually surprised me with its performance even through newspapers are a dying business.

You have to look beyond its primary news businesses though to see that they have a lot of property assets, and anm increasingly large move into digital and advertising.

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Postby spiderbill » June 11th, 2019, 9:36 pm

A word of caution from the search engine optimisation world. They currently have an issue with the latest Google update wiping out half their search traffic. Their chief SEO was asking on forums for ideas on why it might have happened. If that continues then their ad revenue may drop.

Not that I'd buy anyway, I agree with Simoan on this one!

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » June 12th, 2019, 7:54 am

Hi Si,

simoan wrote:However, my ethics do not permit me from investing in it...

Not wishing to get argumentative, but what do you mean by "my ethics"? Is it because of the Daily Mail association, i.e. you think the DM is cr@p or something?

Matt

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”