Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Rene plc

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Re: Rene plc

Postby SentimentRules » July 8th, 2019, 3:07 pm

I read that site in the past. Yes clever is right. Remember what i said about the 'clever ones'. Usually the losers.

Are you admin by any chance? I find it very strange that a normal poster would feel the need to tell other posters to go elsewhere.

I have read the rules thoroughly today. Doesn't say anything about ...

'you must not post too much and upset Si'

I like this forum. In fact i like it so much, I'm going to tell all the other hybrid investors about it later.

Maybe we can learn from the clever ones here... And then take all that to adfven

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » July 8th, 2019, 3:23 pm

SentimentRules wrote:I read that site in the past. Yes clever is right. Remember what i said about the 'clever ones'. Usually the losers.

Are you admin by any chance? I find it very strange that a normal poster would feel the need to tell other posters to go elsewhere.

I have read the rules thoroughly today. Doesn't say anything about ...

'you must not post too much and upset Si'

What makes you think I'm upset? Other than the fact I get a notification every time you post and then I have to ignore it, I'm actually in a great mood today. God forbid I would be responsible for being admin on this site. I'd disable access to all the posters I found boring and bar their IP address from ever subscribing again. And please don't call me normal... that hurts!

Look... you asked me for a tip and so I gave you one i.e. you may get more people on ADVFN wanting to discuss clever approaches to investing that involve buying and selling shares at certain price levels only. And where things most other folks think are important like Price to Earnings and Price to Cash Flow ratios, Returns on Capital, and frankly, whether the company even makes a profit are irrelevant.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 8th, 2019, 3:31 pm

Price to book, for most institutions.

I've no interest in any of that. Il have a look to see what the herd might do. And do the opposite. Be about it.

As for a company making profit etc, I care less about that, than an income investor who has little regard for their capital in total return.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 8th, 2019, 3:36 pm

"Discussing clever approaches"

Not much to discuss. All stocks are value stocks. High yield ones carry more risk. Sums them up.

Good risk management. Time the markets. Done.

Not much more to it. Simple is best.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » July 8th, 2019, 3:41 pm

SentimentRules wrote:Not much to discuss. All stocks are value stocks. High yield ones carry more risk. Sums them up.

Good risk management. Time the markets. Done.

Not much more to it. Simple is best.

That really does sound clever. You've obviously got this investing lark sussed. After 20 years of investing I'm really surprised you aren't sat on your super yacht in the Med instead of posting here merely to enlighten us great unwashed. You're basically saying there's no point in discussing anything, in which case I very much look forward to getting less notifications...
Last edited by simoan on July 8th, 2019, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 8th, 2019, 3:43 pm

Thanks for the tip. Here is one for you.. .

I've seen HYP burn actuarians, mathematicians, physicists, business leaders.

And the problem is mostly, when it comes its hard-core. No time to escape.2008 style .

Nobody can justify high yield capital risk for steady income. Well thry can. But the lesson shall cometh.

Don't get me wrong. I trade them. But just to piggy back 10-20% into ex div and bail out the day prior.

You give me a fast near risk free return. Then I dump the shares at that price back on you, nice n high, to carry the candle.

We are coming for the high yielders my friend. No mercy. Vod and co aint seen nothing yet. And the funds like Reit's etc. Slaughter until the companies relent. And cut yields to zero. Then buy cheap alright. 80% below your entry with no div.

Friendliest tip i ever shared

I think you can turn off my posts giving notifications. Pretty sure. Tip 2
Last edited by SentimentRules on July 8th, 2019, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » July 8th, 2019, 3:48 pm

SentimentRules wrote:Thanks for the tip. Here is one for you.. .

I've seen HYP burn actuarians, mathematicians, physicists, business leaders.

And the problem is mostly, when it comes its hard-core. No time to escape.2008 style .

Nobody can justify high yield capital risk for steady income. Well thry can. But the lesson shall cometh.

Don't get me wrong. I trade them. But just to piggy back 10-20% into ex div and bail out the day prior.

You give me a fast near risk free return. Then I dump the shares at that price back on you, nice n high, to carry the candle.

We are coming for the high fielders my friend. No mercy. Vod and co aint seen nkthing yet. And the funds like Reit's etc. Slaughter until the companies relent. And cut yields to zero. Then buy cheap alright. 80% below your entry with no div.

Friendliest tip i ever shared

What makes you think you know what kind of investor I am? You're being incredibly presumptuous to think I'm a High Yield type investor. And honestly, your spelling is getting so poor anybody would think you're upset!

I've made $32,000 USD totally risk free today just by spending a few hours on my laptop, thanks. Some people call it work...

And once again, I am not your friend!

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 8th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Well you presumed i was a trader initially. I must have picked up presumptuous from you.

32000.... it's nearly 4pm. If that's all you have made, maybe time to close the chat window and crack on a bit.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » July 8th, 2019, 5:43 pm

SentimentRules wrote:Well you presumed i was a trader initially. I must have picked up presumptuous from you..

Perhaps that's because you started the thread with this:
SentimentRules wrote:Decided to buy this at 243p if the price comes Monday to Wednesday. Got out too early on the last spurt but 243p will let me back in at last exit price.

What's that if it's not the behaviour of a trader????

SentimentRules wrote:32000.... it's nearly 4pm. If that's all you have made, maybe time to close the chat window and crack on a bit.

Oh, don't tell me you had a bad day and only made a mill... Honestly, you'd be far happier exchanging pleasantries on ADVFN with similarly clever people like yourself. Why don't you ask TLF to start a "Hybrid Investing" forum. I can then safely ignore it and won't get any notifications every time you provide the community with one of your pearls of wisdom.

All the best, Si

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 8th, 2019, 6:12 pm

All the time you spent pondering the last post , must have cost you $50,000 . I'm thrilled that I'm worth it.

I'm much happier here. But by all means if you believe its so amazing over on advfen, catch up with you when you come back. Double your cleverness in 24 hours . Who knows. You might arrive back in hybrid form. Then it will be $64000 on your mobile .

Hope you share your knowledge when back. Id love to turn on my mobile and make a risk free $125000 in hours just like you. Or do you mean you had a stop at breakeven? Wasn't really always risk free then eh?
Last edited by SentimentRules on July 8th, 2019, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » July 8th, 2019, 6:18 pm

SentimentRules wrote:All the time you spent pondering the last post , must have cost you $50,000 . I'm thrilled that I'm worth it.

I'm much happier here. But by all means if you believe its so amazing over on advfen, catch up with you when you come back. Who knows. You might arrive back in hybrid form. Then it will be $64000 on your mobile .

Well, I'm sticking around too, thanks - ADVFN is a joke. Anyway, glad to hear you are sticking with TLF and I greatly look forward to discussing your next fabulous investment idea. ReNeuron... that's a cracker to start with. Thanks so much!

Hopefully we won't bore everyone else as much next time. I particularly look forward to you sharing your thoughts on High Yield investing in the appropriate forum...

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 8th, 2019, 6:21 pm

I doubt anyone else is reading it to bore. The thread title re a compamy epic even confused you.

Most forums are a joke. I've not come to a conclusion on this one yet. Albeit you have me half ways there in estimation

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 8th, 2019, 6:28 pm

're RENE

I might test this HYP system via this stock. How does it work?

Buy, close eyes, and pray income exceeds capital?

Il try thst here. Il report back on it in ten years.. ..

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: ReNeuron Group plc (RENE)

Postby PinkDalek » July 8th, 2019, 6:28 pm

The thread title confused me too, when you first posted it elsewhere. The ticker is RENE (on its own). No professional would add a plc to the end of a ticker. To make it easier for others to find this Topic in the future, should they so wish, I've changed the subject header on this reply.

What are your views on the Woodford Investment Management overhang - something like a 35% holding?

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » July 8th, 2019, 6:30 pm

SentimentRules wrote:I might test this HYP system via this stock. How does it work?

Please do not on this board. It would be immature so to do.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » July 8th, 2019, 6:33 pm

SentimentRules wrote:
Most forums are a joke. I've not come to a conclusion on this one yet.

I thought you had already asked to leave...

So requested all my data and account erased. Ok go elsewhere.

RC

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 8th, 2019, 6:35 pm

PinkDalek wrote:The thread title confused me too, when you first posted it elsewhere. The ticker is RENE (on its own). No professional would add a plc holding?

Yes they do. If the same ticker is on another index. Example RENE is also a code euronext Lisbon. So plc clarifies which one I mean. UK.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 8th, 2019, 6:37 pm

RC

When i checked the admin were right. I was off topic. So I forgive them. I even forgive you.

Stick to topic before they delete your posts.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » July 8th, 2019, 6:43 pm

SentimentRules wrote:
PinkDalek wrote:The thread title confused me too, when you first posted it elsewhere. The ticker is RENE (on its own). No professional would add a plc holding?

Yes they do. If the same ticker is on another index. Example RENE is also a code euronext Lisbon. So plc clarifies which one I mean. UK.

You've managed to mangle the end of the quoted extract. Kindly show me an example where professionals describe ReNeuron Group plc as Rene plc. If you meant RENE:LSE or LSE:RENE then say so.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 8th, 2019, 6:47 pm

It depends who you discuss it with. UK only dealers won't typically say plc. No need. But global dealers clarify it to each other.

So local dealers , your correct.

International dealers, you must clarify.

If you trade globally and I say to you just RENE, your obviously not going to have a clue which i mean without plc.

Grey area. I'm used to this with others i discuss countries with.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”