Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

0QZ6 NIKE INC NIKE ORD SHS CLASS B

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

0QZ6 NIKE INC NIKE ORD SHS CLASS B

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » September 1st, 2019, 4:28 pm

Does anyone know what this share?

I assume has something to do with the NIKE footwear company. However the ticker code 0QZ6 just looks plain weird. I came across this entity as a result of spending the last few days, on and off, doing some research on Nike (NYSE:NKE) and the above designation came up.

On the London Stock Exchange's page, little information is given:

FTSE index 	-
Market N/A
Market identifier code (MIC) XLOM
Trading service SETSqx
Trading segment SSX4

though the 4-traders page, confirms that this share is indeed relevant to the same firm, i.e.

Nike specializes in the design, manufacturing and marketing of sports shoes, clothing, and equipment. The group's products are sold primarily under the names Nike, Cole Haan, Bragano, Converse, All Star and Hurley. Net sales break down by family of products as follows:

etc. etc.

Since I'm fairly interested in buying some Nike stocks, I'm curious as to whenever this could be a cheaper route than purchasing the stock of NYSE:NKE.

Wondered if anyone on here knows anything about this share?

thanks Matt

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Re: 0QZ6 NIKE INC NIKE ORD SHS CLASS B

Postby SalvorHardin » September 1st, 2019, 6:54 pm

All I know is that Nike has two classes of shares, so it might relate to that. You'd have to look through the annual report and 10-K form to find out more.

Sometimes these peculiar share codes refer to quotations on overseas stock exchanges. These can be difficult to deal in because liquidity is poor.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » September 2nd, 2019, 6:15 am

SalvorHardin wrote:All I know is that Nike has two classes of shares, so it might relate to that. You'd have to look through the annual report and 10-K form to find out more.

Sometimes these peculiar share codes refer to quotations on overseas stock exchanges. These can be difficult to deal in because liquidity is poor.

Thanks Salvor,

Yes that sounds about right. I think I'll go for the US NYSE:NKE ones. I wasn't aware of the 2 classes mind you. Will do more research.

Ah ha! I see that there are other US domiciled stocks

0QYP MICROSOFT CORP MICROSOFT ORD SHS
0QZO WALT DISNEY CO WALT DISNEY ORD SHS

with these weird 0Q** codes.

Anyone else know what they mean?

Matt

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » September 2nd, 2019, 11:11 am

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:I wasn't aware of the 2 classes mind you. Will do more research.

The Class B Common Stock, as per your header, are the only publicly traded share in Nike inc. The Class A Common Stock are tightly held and can be converted to Class B.

As SalvorHardin suggested, take a look at the latest Form 10-K for further more detailed information. If this link works https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/320187/000032018718000142/nke-5312018x10k.htm you'll see Class B Common Stock
New York Stock Exchange
on the front page. There is more detailed info re the As and Bs on page 13 & 14 etc.

Ah ha! I see that there are other US domiciled stocks ... with these weird 0Q** codes.

Not only US stocks. I've seen similar for Nestle but never understood it!

With regards to Nike, your 0QZ6 NIKE INC NIKE ORD SHS CLASS B shows the ISIN as US6541061031, yet the Country of share register as DE for whatever reason. That ISIN appears to be the same one as for the Class Bs at the NYSE according https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/n/nike-inc-usd/company-information.

Anyone else know what they mean?

I too would be interested in the answer!

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”