Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Investec

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
airbus330
Lemon Slice

Investec

Postby airbus330 » January 18th, 2020, 10:56 am

I was thinking about this share as an income generator, div yield c.5.5%. Share price is on a gradual upward trend I have been a savings client with them for a long time and it is a good service. But, I can't find much in the way of research. Any opinions please?

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Re: Investec

Postby Pipsmum » January 20th, 2020, 9:57 am

I haven't looked into them but my father has been investing in shares for donkeys years and he selected them for himself and his late wife, my mother. They are worth looking at as he is a canny Yorkshireman who doesn't spend a penny unnecessarily so thank you for pointing them out.

I've just had a quick look and it's a nice bouncy share with a good divi. Zig zags are fun for tinkering.

airbus330
Lemon Slice

Postby airbus330 » January 20th, 2020, 11:38 am

Yes, zig zaggy and a bit forgotten about. Thanks for the reply

airbus330
Lemon Slice

Postby airbus330 » January 20th, 2020, 5:08 pm

Thanks RVF, there are a few articles around about this issue, which probably explains the sp zigzags. Will watch and wait, I think.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » January 20th, 2020, 5:24 pm

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:
airbus330 wrote:I was thinking about this share as an income generator, div yield c.5.5%. Share price is on a gradual upward trend I have been a savings client with them for a long time and it is a good service. But, I can't find much in the way of research. Any opinions please?

From HL website -
Investec plc wants to demerge its asset management business into a new company, to be called Ninety One plc. Investec plc shareholders at the close of business on 13 March 2020 will receive 1 new Ninety One plc share for every 2 Investec plc shares held.

I have no feel for what the two seperate businesses will really look like TBH. Beware?

Thy are splitting the current business in two, a bank and a fund manager. You would need to take a look at the proforma accounts for each business which I expect you will be able to find somewhere in the demerger documents. That should hopefully give you some idea if the yield will be sustainable in one or other or both businesses. The fund manager is to be called Ninety One. There are other active fund managers around and before investing it might be as well to take a look at them as well. The most popular ones for income seekers will be Standard Life Aberdeen and Schroders Non Voting. I do not know anything about Investec or Ninety One as it soon to be called and of the other two, I would prefer Schroders Non Voting which yields 4.6%. SLA yields 7.1%, probably for good reason. I hold Schroders.

Dod

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”