Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt, for Donating to support the site

SYME just come under my radar

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

SYME just come under my radar

Postby Pipsmum » August 24th, 2020, 11:48 am

SYME a newish company that seems to be getting heavily invested in by it's own directors.

Risky punt style penny shares toy style investing. Not serious HYPers stuff. Not much information but is currently trading in sub penny 0.75p ishy zone.

Only for graph-watchers and high risk lovers. DYOR. Just appeared under my playtime radar due to huge volume.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/sto ... ge?lang=en

https://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2020/0 ... d-you-buy/

An interesting one to watch and/or play with.

dealtn
Lemon Half

Re: SYME just come under my radar

Postby dealtn » August 24th, 2020, 11:55 am

Pipsmum wrote:SYME a newish company that seems to be getting heavily invested in by it's own directors.

Risky punt style penny shares toy style investing. Not serious HYPers stuff. Not much information but is currently trading in sub penny 0.75p ishy zone.

Only for graph-watchers and high risk lovers. DYOR. Just appeared under my playtime radar due to huge volume.

So what's the "idea" given the Board you posted on?

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Postby Pipsmum » August 24th, 2020, 12:41 pm

dealtn wrote:So what's the "idea" given the Board you posted on?

Share ideas = one to watch or play with perhaps... An idea, so just that. Nothing clever. An opportunity or investment idea that might not have been spotted by others. Sharing really.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » August 24th, 2020, 2:18 pm

dealtn wrote:
Pipsmum wrote:SYME a newish company that seems to be getting heavily invested in by it's own directors.

==============================

which board would you suggest please ?

:?:

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » August 24th, 2020, 2:25 pm

jackdaww wrote:
dealtn wrote:

==============================

which board would you suggest please ?

:?:

Here is perfectly fine, its the right place. I was just wondering what the idea was, if any, beyond trying to trade the price. It's not a company I know and looking at the accounts etc. I can't see what the attraction was, so was hoping there was something to discuss and investigate. I can't see any recent news etc. so was looking for an insight.

Otherwise it just looked like a "greater mug" type idea.

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Postby Pipsmum » August 25th, 2020, 9:26 am

I didn't realise we needed to have to clarify and justify a share idea....

..... but OK then. I'll try.

1) Its a cheap 'playtime' risky punt penny share for toy time investing without much information. Quite clearly stated in the first post.

2) It appeared in my own radar because of high volume. This is an indication that many investors are certainly investing.... whatever anyone might think of their motives.

3) There is some indication that a number of the directors have heavily invested. A mild indicator in a positive direction that I read randomly on the internet. Where does any information come from these days? It could be utter c**p hence DYOR clearly stated.

4) I think I made it clear that this wasn't an idea mooted for serious investing purposes but was for those who like graph watching and risk. Quite obviously for swing or day traders then, who do like to trade in SP's.

I happen to like playing the 'greater mugs' game now and again with highly volatile shares. I don't hide that fact on here as I have stated before that I have a small 'fun' corner of an otherwise fairly sensible portfolio to play with. 'Gamble' if you'd really like me to say that. Not done for 'fun' but to pay for childrens rent and equipment needed whilst at uni. Run as firmly as a business, it is affordable, material free, rent free, portable, space efficient, with flexi time and a variable income. It provides an interesting and stimulating business model very suitable for someone caring 24hrs a day for an infirm parent.

There is some point to swing punting of share SP's over a year as both a) and b) here below can produce the same income result.

a) Tie up a fortune within a portfolio and take a 3% divi twice a year. Investment tied.
b) Make two lots of 3% by trading an SP twice and keep the investment fluid.

a) is suitable if you own/save a fortune and you're not spending it, nor needing it, and you wish to leave the bulk to someone when you die.
b) is suitable to gain the same earnings without needing to leave any money invested and idle the rest of the time. Either that or you just don't have it and you're reinvesting the same tiny capital, again and again, to grow a magic money tree out of.

Will that do?.....

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » August 25th, 2020, 11:53 am

Pipsmum wrote:I didn't realise we needed to have to clarify and justify a share idea....

Will that do?.....

Apologies, I wasn't intending to come across as rude, nor make you be defensive. This is (or at least should be) one of the best Boards on the site for introducing new ideas and new companies to a wider audience. A glance through some of the other share ideas on the Board gives a flavour of some of the work people put in, and the quality of the feedback and discussion that can occur. I use it to follow a number of potential investment ideas.

It wasn't a company I had heard of before, nor could I find anything immediately attractive about it as an investment. I was hoping you, or someone else, could put some flesh on the bones of why it would be an attractive share idea for researching and investing in. What has changed, what the potential future might be, where the share might go as a target etc.?

I have no problem with others "punting" or "playing the greater mug" game but its not my style. I suspect many who try are exposed to illiquidity, relatively large bid-offer spreads, and being tossed around on the stormy seas of pump/dump and bulletin board ramping. Not an area I find attractive, or fit my skill set. But (genuine) good luck to you, and others, who invest in such a fashion.

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Postby Pipsmum » August 25th, 2020, 5:58 pm

Apologies too. Point taken and feedback noted.

There is lots of info on this share on the internet money sites. I could have posted it here, but there is little virtue in a financial novice like myself re-posting articles by others just in case they're not accurate. Posting here seems to be the better place to find out.

Here are some articles that aren't apparent as bulletin boards.

https://www.sharesmagazine.co.uk/shares/share/SYME

https://www.share-talk.com/alessandro-z ... #gs.eeawfj

As for flesh on the bones or attractive investment. It entirely depends on the individual reason for investing to determine the type of deal. From long term investments for growth and/or dividend, to penny shares to make a fast buck. Both needing totally different considerations.

Shares actually only have three directions possible, up, sideways or down. So aside from some basic fundamentals then swing or day trading is very much about timing, effective graph reading and tightly reined in chance using stop losses. Not much else matters to this style as long as it pays the bills. If Hargreaves Landsdown have it on their books at all, then one assumes some basic company vetting has been done.

I did genuinely think this share was quite interesting for volatility, director investment and low price. The business of monitoring peoples assets against working capital didn't seem like a particularly dodgy business idea to me. Quite sensible actually. It hasn't been around long under this name so there won't be much to go on yet since April. Gotta start somewhere.

Charlottesquare
Lemon Quarter

Postby Charlottesquare » August 26th, 2020, 2:06 pm

[quote="Pipsmum" The business of monitoring peoples assets against working capital didn't seem like a particularly dodgy business idea to me. Quite sensible actually. It hasn't been around long under this name so there won't be much to go on yet since April. Gotta start somewhere.[/quote]

Is that what it does, the article you linked above from Motley Fool suggested it intends to act as a platform for lending to companies, in effect secured against business inventories using some financial/electronic/ virtual assets to signify same, or maybe I misunderstood?

One question I would like to know the answer to is the point made that the borrowing by the customers does not require reflected as debt on their balance sheets, maybe they in effect sell their inventory for the cash from the loans, every debit needing a credit. (though substance over form might say otherwise)?

Perhaps the borrowing is wrapped within some form of financial product but if that I suspect it still needs disclosed as a liability via the financial instrument rules re financial reporting?

Would not be for me but would be interested to learn what precisely their product is and how it works?

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”