Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Re: Tate & Lyle (TATE)

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » November 6th, 2022, 12:37 pm

Moderator Message:
Moved from Company News, as it's not company news. --MDW1954

I'm thinking of selling TATE. Here's the 10 year graph which spans the period over which I've owned the shares.
https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-sear ... are-charts

Originally purchased as a HYP share (I no longer follow that system). I calculate the yield as follows:

2022 final 12.8p
2023 prospective interim 5.2p*
TOTAL 18.0p
Share price: 706p
Yield 18/706 = 2.55%

*I've estimated based on reducing the 2022 interim by the same % as the 2022 final was reduced from the 2021 final.

So mediocre yield and mediocre/nil capital growth. I should be able to find a better home for the sale proceeds.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » November 6th, 2022, 1:08 pm

bluedonkey wrote:I'm thinking of selling TATE. Here's the 10 year graph which spans the period over which I've owned the shares.

It seems to me that the TATE sp moves up and down quite frequently. If I held, I'd be hoping for a more favorable exit price. Unless there are factors which I'm not aware of to say the business is struggling?

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » November 9th, 2022, 5:08 pm

monabri wrote:
bluedonkey wrote:I'm thinking of selling TATE. Here's the 10 year graph which spans the period over which I've owned the shares.

It seems to me that the TATE sp moves up and down quite frequently. If I held, I'd be hoping for a more favorable exit price. Unless there are factors which I'm not aware of to say the business is struggling?

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll hang on before selling. It does look like TATE's share price is on a short-term upward trend.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » November 9th, 2022, 7:09 pm

bluedonkey wrote:
monabri wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll hang on before selling. It does look like TATE's share price is on a short-term upward trend.

Funny thing: I had almost forgotten Tate was in my HYP. It hangs around towards the bottom third of the topup table and keeps itself out of sight. Not a great yield, but not low enough to drawn attention: the income is just about worth having.
TR over 6% so Ok-ish and smack on my HYP average.

I'm content to let it just sit there doing what it does in its middling way.

Arb.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » November 9th, 2022, 8:58 pm

bluedonkey wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll hang on before selling. It does look like TATE's share price is on a short-term upward trend.

The HY results are tomorrow so hope you’re not disappointed by the share price reaction to the numbers and end up wishing you’d sold.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”