Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Doris With A Simple Question

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
penym
Lemon Pip

Doris With A Simple Question

Postby penym » September 21st, 2021, 10:31 am

I have a small Shareview portfolio with Equiniti. I intend to sell these shares. Today I logged into my account and decided to sell my holding in 3i...so I filled in every detail required and then these notes appeared in the middle of the screen giving advice which I read, but the damn thing was stuck there and I could not get rid of them in order to complete my instructions. I went back but this did not help. So I tried to call them....no chance of being answered any time soon.

Why oh Why do companies make these forms so user unfriendly? One question asked if I was acting on behalf of the investor, so I tapped "No" because I am the shareholder. I hope this was correct, but how do I ever get Equiniti to sell the Shares if I cannot complete the form?

Help!

Alaric
Lemon Half

Re: Doris With A Simple Question

Postby Alaric » September 21st, 2021, 10:49 am

penym wrote: but how do I ever get Equiniti to sell the Shares if I cannot complete the form?

Do we assume the use of Shareview means you hold paper share certificates? If so, there's a simple if roundabout method. You open an account with one of the online Brokers. Then transfer the shares to them - which will involve filling a form, printing it and posting it with the share certificate. Once the shares are in the hands of their nominee, selling is usually only a matter of clicking a sell button and a confirm button once you have a sale price. You then have to transfer the proceeds to your bank account if not reinvesting.

penym
Lemon Pip

Re: Doris With A Simple Question

Postby penym » September 23rd, 2021, 12:03 am

So sorry, but I left the problem and started on clearing out 36 years of accumulated stuff. I complained to Equiniti in the meantime and they said to clear all the rubbish off my laptop and try again. So I will have a go in th3 morning. I do hold some share certificates and realise they will have to be returned. I am not keen to get another broker as Equiniti is already being paid and I want to keep things as simple as possible. I shall return as General McArthur said in WW2.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”