Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

SSE

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

SSE

Postby Arborbridge » October 4th, 2023, 9:07 am

Moderator Message:
This topic split off from here to keep that topic focused on company news. - Chris
BullDog wrote:
Dod101 wrote:
Presumably you are looking at the forward yield. If anything the yield is likely to reduce as the share price recovers but it is a well run company and it is building up its renewables side . Future looking I'd say which is why I will continue to hold it. I live off my investment income but I am happy to hold SSE.

Dod

I agree, SSE is a terrific company.

However as I have said before, I'm not giving them my dividend money to spend on off shore wind farms.

Share price has, quite predictably, dropped since I sold and took my profit with me.

I've reinvested the proceeds elsewhere in the renewable energy industry at a better yield and I'm fairly confident of decent capital growth too medium term. Though nothing is guaranteed if course.

I can imagine buying SSE again one day. But not now.

I'd be interested to know which renewables company you invested in, and why you don't like money being invested in offshore wind. It could be argued that any company investing, is investing money which might have become your dividend income, so I'm trying to understand your reasoning here.

Arb.

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Re: SSE (SSE)

Postby BullDog » October 4th, 2023, 9:23 am

Arborbridge wrote:
BullDog wrote:I agree, SSE is a terrific company.

However as I have said before, I'm not giving them my dividend money to spend on off shore wind farms.

Share price has, quite predictably, dropped since I sold and took my profit with me.

I've reinvested the proceeds elsewhere in the renewable energy industry at a better yield and I'm fairly confident of decent capital growth too medium term. Though nothing is guaranteed if course.

I can imagine buying SSE again one day. But not now.

I'd be interested to know which renewables company you invested in, and why you don't like money being invested in offshore wind. It could be argued that any company investing, is investing money which might have become your dividend income, so I'm trying to understand your reasoning here.

Arb.

I already said but for clarity -

1 A basket of renewables energy trusts. No need to name them, they're commonly mentioned on here.

2 I do like money being invested in off shore assets. SSE are doing a great job. They are a very rare, very good UK company. I am not giving them my dividend money to spend on Dogger Bank. Because I don't want to.

One day, when they are paying a more competitive dividend at a good share price. One that's more attractive than I can get elsewhere in the renewables industry then I may buy SSE again. But not now.

There's nothing clever going on here. I said sometime ago in a previous thread when and why I sold out of the company. I don't expect others to agree with me, peer group approval is often misplaced anyway. HTH.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: SSE (SSE)

Postby Arborbridge » October 4th, 2023, 9:47 am

BullDog wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

Arb.

I already said but for clarity -

1 A basket of renewables energy trusts. No need to name them, they're commonly mentioned on here.

2 I do like money being invested in off shore assets. SSE are doing a great job. They are a very rare, very good UK company. I am not giving them my dividend money to spend on Dogger Bank. Because I don't want to.

One day, when they are paying a more competitive dividend at a good share price. One that's more attractive than I can get elsewhere in the renewables industry then I may buy SSE again. But not now.

There's nothing clever going on here. I said sometime ago in a previous thread when and why I sold out of the company. I don't expect others to agree with me, peer group approval is often misplaced anyway. HTH.

I am not giving them my dividend money to spend on Dogger Bank. Because I don't want to.

Well I guess that's fair enough :) I sold out of an IT when I discovered it was chopping down the habitat of orangutans and replacing it with a monoculture, so I can relate to deciding on that basis.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”