Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Accesso

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Accesso

Postby Bouleversee » September 4th, 2017, 10:50 am

John Lee's column in FT Money this weekend consisted of an interview with David Stredder about his favourite share which turned out to be Accesso Technology which I hadn't heard of but reading on found it to be the new name of Lo-Q which I had seen mentioned on TMF, probably in Pauly Pilot's Pub and toyed with buying but never got round to it. It has certainly done well over the years but is down a lot this year. It wouldn't be my favourite share if I had bought it at 20.20 in May but wonder whether now (or when we know what's happening in N Korea) might be a buying opportunity or whether its decline might continue and it should be considered a missed boat. Maybe attendance at theme parks etc. is down because of the economic situation. Any views?

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Accesso

Postby Lootman » September 4th, 2017, 1:43 pm

You made me look. I've owned this for a few years. It's in my AIM IHT portfolio, which means that I never look at it, so didn't know it had fallen in price. It's still worth about double what I paid for it, so I'm not concerned. Looks like it's down about 20% from its all-time high, which isn't shocking for a share likely to be volatile in any event.

I'd recommend looking at its share price less :D

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » September 20th, 2017, 4:51 pm

Actually, Lootman, I wish I had looked it more. I didn't do so again till today, by which time it had shot up rather a lot. Another missed boat.

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » September 21st, 2017, 11:35 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Another missed boat.

You think you missed the boat!

You may recall Carmensfella from TMF days. He tipped what's now Accesso Technology back in 2008. His write-up was very convincing, but as I'd been stung with a couple of AIM shares I dithered as to whether or not to buy at the then price of 31p, and I also took the view that I'd missed the boat as they steadily climbed, so that I never did buy in.

However, I did `invest' £5,000 in my nominal portfolio of `keep an eye on' shares.

At close of business today Accesso were standing at £18.30, and my (unfortunately nominal) £5,000 investment would have been worth £300,730!

Still, it's only money! ;)

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » September 22nd, 2017, 9:50 am

Clitherokid -

Yes, that's when I first became aware of it. Too busy moving house and dealing with urgent medical issues to follow up at that time and then I forgot about it till I read John Lee's piece. But as you say ....

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”