Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Weekend parking - City

London Locals helping visitors and locals alike
hp19

Weekend parking - City

Postby hp19 » November 19th, 2016, 6:48 pm

Hi Fools

I need to park near St. Paul's from a Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon/evening. Am I right in thinking that I can park on the single yellows for all of that time without having to pay anything or being towed away (unless otherwise indicated)? Going by Google Streetview, outside of One New Change or the Grange Hotel could be possibilities.

Cheers,

HP

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Weekend parking - City

Postby redsturgeon » November 19th, 2016, 8:36 pm

There will be large signs indicating what hours the parking is restricted...usually from 1.30pm on Saturday you will be OK.

John

BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Postby BrummieDave » December 2nd, 2016, 7:56 am

To answer a different question and one that wasn't asked (!) but is still 'on topic', if I ever have cause to drive to London rather than travel by train, I use 'Just Park' to find a suitable driveway just outside the congestion zone: https://www.justpark.com/

It normally works out around half the price of a car park (so just 'unreasonable' rather than 'downright theft')

Arizona11
2 Lemon pips

Postby Arizona11 » February 11th, 2017, 7:53 pm

May I suggest you go to Google and type in City of London parking restrictions. You should be able to find all you need there.
I work at St Paul's area and there are single lines which you can probably park on over the weekend, but check the website first. If you still have problems, there is an NCP car park in Queen Victoria Street near Blackfriars which is a five minute walk to St Paul's and New Change.

Generali
2 Lemon pips

Postby Generali » March 6th, 2017, 6:56 am

You can park on a single yellow after 11am in the City until 7am on Monday morning. In the area you describe I'd start looking around Gresham St and move out from there.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » March 6th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Generali wrote:You can park on a single yellow after 11am in the City until 7am on Monday morning. In the area you describe I'd start looking around Gresham St and move out from there.

To confirm (my bold but for anyone finding this thread, the OP being long gone):

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/service ... times.aspx

The whole of the City of London is a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ). The controlled hours in the City are:

Monday to Friday 7am - 7pm
Saturday 7am - 11am
Excluding bank and public holidays.

At some locations different times apply. A wall or post mounted time plate will display the restricted hours for that specific location.

There's also a helpful telephone number 020 7332 3910 (open during the specified hours and an email address) for queries.

Generali
2 Lemon pips

Postby Generali » March 7th, 2017, 11:32 am

PinkDalek wrote:
Generali wrote:You can park on a single yellow after 11am in the City until 7am on Monday morning. In the area you describe I'd start looking around Gresham St and move out from there.

To confirm (my bold but for anyone finding this thread, the OP being long gone):

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/service ... times.aspx

The whole of the City of London is a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ). The controlled hours in the City are:

Monday to Friday 7am - 7pm
Saturday 7am - 11am
Excluding bank and public holidays.

At some locations different times apply. A wall or post mounted time plate will display the restricted hours for that specific location.

There's also a helpful telephone number 020 7332 3910 (open during the specified hours and an email address) for queries.

Haha :) In my flu-befuddled state I didn't realise this was an old thread!

My recollection of living in The City a decade ago is that you can park all day Saturday as well in reality. You might get a ticket but it was highly unlikely.

Return to “London lovers”