Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Soho independent restaurant

London Locals helping visitors and locals alike
didds
Lemon Half

Soho independent restaurant

Postby didds » December 27th, 2017, 9:52 am

Mts Didds and I are off the smoke in early Feb for a show (Queens Theatre), staying in an airbnb in Soho.

We're looking for a suggestion/recommendation (or indeed "do not touch" places too!) for somewhere to eat there/therabouts (walking distance). 'Cos of show timings, preferences etc I guess we are looking for

* an independent restaurant (ie not a chain)
* that serves very late afternoon. very early evening (eg 1700-1900)

Budget is say up to £100 for two including a bottle of wine, two courses, preferably three.
Cuisine is open but not chinese.

cheers!

didds

BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Re: Soho independent restaurant

Postby BrummieDave » December 27th, 2017, 5:35 pm

If independent runs as far as a 'chain' of 4 restaurants owned by the same person, have a look at my current favourite, Casita Andina on Great Windmill Street. Small, with two floors (I prefer upstairs), and serving Peruvian inspired food and drinks. Martin Morales and his team run two restaurants (Casita Andina in Soho, and Andina on Redchurch St, Shoreditch) and two less formal places (Ceviche on Frith St in Soho, and Ceviche in Old St). I like all four but especially Great Windmill St.

The ceviche starters are my favourite followed by the fish main courses. Have a look at their websites (especially 'About' to see who they are and what they do) and TA reviews.

If you don't want to commit, and choose elsewhere in Soho, but are curious, call in to Ceviche on Frith St and have a drink and ceviche plate (no booking required). It will give you a 'flavour' of the atmosphere and food.

didds
Lemon Half

Re: Soho independent restaurant

Postby didds » December 27th, 2017, 8:07 pm

That sounds great!!

Ceviche sounds our style too... Eg street food :)

Didds

Return to “London lovers”