Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 67

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Re: Hattrick Season 67

Postby UncleIan » February 12th, 2018, 9:11 am

I thought when I'd only squeaked through last week that it might have been due to a cup hangover, but away for the reverse fixture I didn't want to take any chances and PINd. They've got a monster defence, and so it was a 2-5-3 for me, see if I could break down the wall. As it turned out we only just pipped them in midfield, and though relatively my attack was ok, it kind of looked a bit like a coin toss. We went 1-0 down early doors, but equalised in the first half, a few more missed chances followed, but that was that, 1-1 final score. Chances were 5-4, so I guess I can't feel hard done by, I've had the rub of the green a few times this season, so coming out of it with a point is okay.

Luckily for me, 3rd also only managed a draw, so we stay where we are 2 points ahead, 1st is marching on, now 5 points ahead of me, we're 7 points ahead of 5th, looking dicey at the bottom of the table, 4-8th separated by just 3 points, glad I'm out of that, at least, I think I'm out of that.

Went on a spending spree last week as I had 10 million in the bank and a couple of trainees it was time to sell, got meself a new wingback and a winger trainee, you don't get much for your money these days do you?

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » February 12th, 2018, 9:33 am

After a comfortable 7-0 win last week (at home), I was relatively relaxed about this week. Sent out pretty much the same team, as did my opponent. However it turned into a very tight match. Opponent went 1-0 up, against which I equalised just before half time.
I scored the winner in the second half, to take the 3 points 2-1.

Looking at the ratings I feel somewhat hard done by (297 v 181, and winning all 7 sectors by at least 29%), but a win is a win.

Bot bashing next week.

I know how Ian feels about the transfer market. Almost feel like its not worth bothering to look at the transfer list unless you've got £4m to spend.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » February 13th, 2018, 11:42 pm

In the league I was in 1st away to the team in 8th. As they'd just been knocked out of the cup and were listing players, they very sportingly announced their predicted ratings(ish) in the forum before kick off. By the time they'd done this I'd already bought their best transfer listed IM for £1.2m, as a tactical move to try to secure majority possession.

As a result I managed my first ever away win against Earl (who I've met several times at ht social events) to retain my position at the top of the Prem, 3-1. My closest opponents also won, so I've been unable to extend any advantage.

Tonight in the last 16 of the Cup, I sent out a mythical m/f with man marking instructions (for once actually correctly nobbling am IM) giving me plenty of possession and most of the chances (11 of 15) to secure a 5-0 win and progression to the quarter finals.

Its squeaky bum time, the top 4 on the Prem table are in the last 8 of the Cup and there's still 6 league games to play. I'm home to 4th on Sunday...

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » February 19th, 2018, 1:51 pm

This week we were at home to 8th, obviously my draw last week put the wind up me and for some reason I PINd this, better to be safe than sorry I guess. It was only 1-0 at half time, but we eventually cruised to a 4-0 win. Chances were 8-2. The result was a bit flattering looking at the stats.

Got a bit of new blood in the week, a new wingback, as my coach is losing skills regularly now, this one seems pretty good, but as ever, wow wingbacks are expensive. 4 million gets you a titanic defender with brilliant wing and outstanding passing, 26. Well, no doubt you could probably get one a bit cheaper, but I'm rubbish on the transfer list*. Other chap is an IM trainee, supernatural wing with outstanding passing, a snip (hmm-Ed.) at £3.6 million. Aye, for a trainee. I've possible finally lost my mind.

* Sold two wingers that had some IM training for £2.7 million each. Had them both for about an actual year, and made about a million on each, so not too shabby.

In my league the top three, of which I'm 2nd, all won, so I'm still 5 points behind 1st, 2 ahead of 3rd, 9 ahead of 5th.

I'm away to 5th next week, definitely a potential banana skin as they have a monster defence. We shall have to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » February 21st, 2018, 12:05 am

In bot bashing mode at the moment, 8-0 last game to keep us in 2nd and another bot coming up next. Then its the big one, at home to the league leader. Need to win that one and win big, like 6-0 for the Goal Diff (they beat us 4-0 earlier).
Not very likely, but you never know...

Sitting pretty on £2m. Wont buy us a bovril and a meat pie, never mind a 24 yo magical IM.....

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » February 21st, 2018, 6:35 pm

Mixed week for me.

On Sunday I was at home to 4th, and sent out a magical m/f with magical-utopian attack ratings. I wasn't sure whether they'd PIN and go for m/f or CA. In the end they PIC Pressed and Prayed and somebody was listening as we had 8 chances to 2 were 50/50 attack vs their defence, and managed to convert just 1 instead of an expected 3-4. They also scored one of thiers so we bagged a solitary point at home.

To be fair, the last two times we'd met, they had 66% and 82-3% expected win chance and lost both so my 91% chance of winning was only fair dos on the swings and roundabouts.

My 538 hatstats was the 5th best I've ever produced and helped me overtake my opponent as having the top stats in the Prem this season so far.

On to Tuesday.

Quarter finals stage of the Cup. My opponent put together a marginally better m/f ET vl to my titanic vh and had better attack vs defence than mine, but somehow all the missed chances from Sunday got pay-back as we scored 5/5 and they only managed 4/6. I had a 25% chance to win that one, and got away with it.

So this leaves me top of the Prem by 2pts as 2nd lost and 3rd won to go 2nd on GD. I've a tricky away fixture against former champions who are 7th but beat the team that were 2nd away from home last week. 2nd and 3rd should win on Sunday, and I'm not expecting to be able to get any points this weekend.

This may well impact upon chance conversion rates in Tuesday's semi-final, but there's not too much I can do about that...

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » February 26th, 2018, 10:05 am

Getting down to the business end of the season now, and we had a tricky away fixture to the team in fifth, who we'd only managed to beat 1-0 when we were at home, mind you, we were still in our cup run then so maybe...anyway, plugged in the best team and compared it to their last home game...oh, I'm losing midfield, yikes! But what's this? No discernable attack? Rightyho...that's a 2-5-3 with two OCDs and one of my strikers defensive. That's better! Of course, I then forget to revert completely from Plan A, and we're still AOW. Or it was deliberate because I thought we were still going to lose midfield but not by as much. Probably the former not the latter, if I'm honest. As it turned out we smashed them in midfield, 57/43, but their defence outclassed my attack, same as mine did theirs, except for one flank that was 50/50. They were counter-attacking, and were pretty good at it (divine+2). We missed a chance, scored, and they equalised with a normal chance, that's the first 7 minutes done! Not much else happened until 73' in, where we scored with a positive experience event, I shall go and check my hens for teeth shortly. They had a couple of counterattacks late on, but converted neither. Final score 1-2. Phew!

1st and 3rd were also playing away. There was routine win for first after 8th place fielded a 1-5-3, and had a player go off injured (not a defender but...) and had no substitutes. Third slipped up to sixth, going down 2-0 in what looked like a bit of a coin toss to me. So we're still in second place, 5 points behind 1st, and now 5 points ahead of 3rd. Further down the table it's tight as you like, with 4th to 7th just two points apart, but 10 points behind me, so I'm safe from that battle I think.

My run in is away again to 4th, home v 3rd, away v 7th, home to 1st. Definitely in my own hands to stay in second, but I can't see me overhauling first.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » February 26th, 2018, 1:51 pm

Routine 7-1 win for me against one of the weaker teams. I had three first team players missing (one red card, two out of form). Bot next week.

Still in 2nd, still 2 points behind the leaders, all coming down to the last game of the season.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » March 5th, 2018, 11:22 am

Season is over, lost 1-2 at home to league leaders which leaves me 5 pts behind. And I did kinda try to win it, but clearly not enough!
Another season in series V beckons. Meh.
e

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » March 5th, 2018, 12:09 pm

We were away to 4th. They're a pretty gung ho team, and the match orders thing suggested I would be a little behind in midfield, but there was not much I could do about it, time to set an equally gung ho formation and see what happens! We lined up with a 2-5-3, one OCD and one TDF, plus the WTM/IMTW combo on one side. Turned out midfield was 53/47 in my favour, this may have been because I decided to man mark their best midfielder, and relative defence v attack ratings were slightly in my favour, 70/30 instead of 60/40. It was a quiet first half hour, then in the final 15 minutes before the orange slices came out it went a bit crazy, going from 0-0 to 2-4, plus two bookings. Then the second half had three more goals in 5 minutes, luckily, 1-2 to me, final score 3-6. Chances were 5-7, so we did okay I think.

Elsewhere 1st contrived to drop two points at home, I didn't see that coming. Looks like they PICd or are having a few form issues. They're still above the auto-promotion line, but only just. They're also now only three points ahead of me. Unfortunately they have a +15 goal diff over me too, so for me to have a chance, I need to soundly beat them when we host them on the last day, plus they need to slip up away to 7th or at home to 3rd. I'm at home to 3rd then away to 8th before the final home game against 1st. I can't see a 15 goal swing in 3 games. Still, I'd have taken 2nd at the start of the season.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » March 5th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Last week I was away to 7th who sent out a magical m/f. I was glad I opted for a PIC CA, even if we lost 6-2. The loss dropped me to 2nd, 1pt off the leader, last season's Champions, who also progressed to the Cup final on Tuesday with what looked to be a PIC deal between the two teams.

I was MoTsed by my opponent, and it was a pretty even battle for midfield, except they had 6 chances to my 2 and that was that, my Cup run that had begun at the start of last season ended with a semi-final defeat, with a trophy in the cabinet. I'll not be getting as close again for many a season, if ever.

This week I was away again, this time facing 7th, just a different 7th to last week's 7th. They opted for a big m/f and edged it, although my 70th minute subs made that 50/50. The problem with this game was something I've not seen for ages, as it was a game with a total of 5 chances. Both teams had pretty good attack and pretty crap defence, so it was always going to come down to chance allocation and conversion.

We comverted two early in the first half. They converted two late in the first half. The only other chance of the game fell early in the second half. My lad scuffed it. I then spent just under 45 minutes nervously keeping an eye on the game expecting a late flurry of chances that never came.

A point was better than nothing, but the leaders won, slike Ian's league have a 3pt cushion and a considerable GD advantage over me. They do have to play all 3 title rivals over the next 3 games, with a Cup final tomorrow. I get to okay them at mine on the last day of the season.

4th, on a PIC and Pray CA had their prayers answered for the 2nd time in 2 weeks away to 3rd, as they pulled off an unlikely looking win, moving them into 3rd, 2pts behind me, and with the best run in of all the top 4. They play 1st at home next week, and if they win that they could be a dark horse for the title. 3rd (now 4th) have to play me away next week and then 1st away the week after.

I reckon that my only chance to win the title is to win all 3 remaining games and rely on the Champions dropping points over the next fortnight. My remaining home games are this week and the final week, and my away game in week 13 is against a very strong CA team, so all 3 games are likely to be 50/50 affairs, unless I MoTs next week at home, in which case that should be better than 50% although my following games may experience some repercussions if I do.

This is the most enjoyable couple of seasons I've ever had playing this game, and I'm a bit surprised that my old players have managed to still be in with a shot at the Premiership trophy with 3 games to play, but this is definitely payback for all those seasons of home grown training (it's been 18 seasons since my oldest hg trainee was pulled aged 17/0), many seasons of which were at 5% stamina, and all of which have been under an excellent coach.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » March 12th, 2018, 10:21 am

Routine 5-1 win for me against one of the weaker teams.

Still in 2nd, still 2 points behind the leaders, all coming down to the last game of the season.

Had a nice Youth Pull. Potential of Excellent defending, and Solid passing, Technical. And a very young 15 year old to boot. Downside is currently at Weak defending, which means 2 seasons of grind

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » March 12th, 2018, 11:14 am

Prior to the match, we were in second place in the table, three points and a heap of goals behind first, and five points ahead of third. We were at home to third, while first were away to seventh, I really needed first to slip up again, and for me to win by a hatful...

I decided thanks to the good form of my strikers, and poor form of my defenders, and it looked like I'd have the majority of possession, to go with a nice aggressive 2-5-3. I was right, we had about 57% possession in midfield, while everywhere else averaged out at 50/50. It feels like I've been getting the rub of the green sometimes this season, well these things balance out don't they? The match replay simulator suggests out of 20 replays I'd have won 13 times, drawn twice, and lost 5 times. At the end of the first half, where we'd both missed a few chances, it was 1-1. We took the lead with a counter-attack in the 67', they fluffed a chance, then equalised, and that was that, final score 2-2. Chances 7-6. I feel a little robbed, but as the title was such an outside bet, I'm just going to chalk it up and move on.

First meanwhile got another comfortable win, so they're now five points ahead of me in second. Third are five points behind me, and fourth seven points behind them. Fourth to eighth are separated by just four points.

Next week's fixtures
7th v Me
1st v 3rd

Final week
Me v 1st
3rd v 6th

My game away to 7th actually looks quite tricky, certainly no slam dunk, while even at home on an obvious MOTS, I'm going to struggle against 1st. So it's easily conceivable that I could get no more points this season, I'll just have to hope 3rd get a pasting next week and make 2nd mathematically safe for me. Then it'll just be a case of deciding whether to help first ensure autopromotion, or try and take a scalp.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » March 12th, 2018, 1:45 pm

Well I needed to win all 3 remaining games before kick off and fell at the first.

At home to the team in 4th and former Champions, Id set up with a utopian m/f two full levels clear of theirs. After man-marking, my m/f % went up from 53% to 54%, as we cancelled each other out. HTMS gave me 69.5% chance to win, but I've had my share of good luck this season, and the ht engine is a fickle mistress!

What did me in was possibly just bad luck, and possibly just compounding this bad luck element by playing creative, as I bagged an unpred SE, but scored 2xcorner head SE, and had 3 to my 1. Total chance split was 9/6 in my favour but it ended 4-4 and the leaders won to take a 5pt lead. They have to lose at home next week and I have to win away to take it to the wire, when I play them in week 14.

So I remain in 2nd, but now 5pts adrift.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » March 12th, 2018, 11:13 pm

A 0-2 away win to the team in 4th, keeps us in 2nd place. We were actually 6pts adrift of 1st, not 5 pts as i had previously thought. The leaders won 2-0 to stay 6 pts ahead, and with a bot coming up next they are already champions elect.

We have a bot next as well, guess we can try to score a hatful and challenge for the top scorer slot. The irony there is that my current top scorer is a midfielder, and not one of my three regular strikers. All these years and I still have a lot to learn in this game!

e

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » March 19th, 2018, 9:45 am

UncleIan wrote:Next week's fixtures
7th v Me
1st v 3rd

Final week
Me v 1st
3rd v 6th

...I'll just have to hope 3rd get a pasting next week and make 2nd mathematically safe for me. Then it'll just be a case of deciding whether to help first ensure autopromotion, or try and take a scalp.

The last couple of matches 7th had played a decent 3-5-2 which the match orders review page reckoned I'd edge them everywhere, but not by much, definitely not a PIC, ignoring the weird 1-5-3 formations they'd played in earlier matches that have put them down in the mire. I check in after 40 minutes...we're winning 4-0, and they're playing 1-5-3. Whaaaa? Went on to win 1-8, and I now have three players in the top five of the league top scorers chart. Shame I didn't PIC? Well, yes and no. If I'd have PICd I'd have been in better shape for the last match, but as it happens, it's put me in with an outside chance of winning the league...First were 5 points ahead of me, playing third, and they managed to contrive a 0-0 draw against third. Looking at the stats, first had one good attack outlet on the left, chances were 9-3, but six were through the middle, and only one on that left side. This leaves me three points and -9 goal diff behind them...so all I have to do is win 5-0 and the title is mine! In the reverse fixture we lost 3-0. 5-0 is massively unlikely, but I'm seven points clear of third, so I have nothing to lose with a nice fat MOTS, except having that team still in the league next season. With that draw first is right on the auto-promotion line, so they really need three points. I suppose I could ask if they want to be promoted, or if they want a qualifying game for extra training/experience.

Fun times!

Ian

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » March 19th, 2018, 5:09 pm

A more interesting week for me against 3rd. We drew in week 2, and determined not to make the same mistake went PIN at home.
My opponent obviously got spooked by my recent midfield ratings, and went CA As a result we won the midfield battle comfortably, and had sufficient attack ratings against their 5 man defence to convert the chances into goals
End result 4-0 win for me, and guaranteed 2nd place.

Down side was an injury and a suspension to two first team players.

1st place won against a weaker team so...still in 2nd, still 2 points behind the leaders, all coming down to the last game of the season.

Unlike Ian I have a comfortable goal difference advantage, and fully plan to MOTS to try and take the extra prize money for 1st place. I haven't bothered to check the autopromotion line - I just want the trophy!

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » March 20th, 2018, 1:19 pm

The Prem title is over. My slim chances for winning, were dealt a double blow, as the leaders drew 0-0 (making them uncatchable on GD) and I lost, setting up to face a CA away to 5th who decided that this was the week to MoTs.

I'd figured there was noting I could do to stop it if they did that, so opted to set up to deal with the CA, although even that wouldn't have guaranteed me 3pts.

I'm home against the Champions who've retained their title (as well as doing the double by winning the English Cup) next, and if I can win, I'll retain my runners-up spot.

There's definitely another LS team coming up next season, and I know that whatever the result on Sunday I can't finish below 4th, so it'll be a 'fun' week rather than a nail biter.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » March 23rd, 2018, 7:37 pm

it was a damp 5-0 bashing of a weak team, doesn't really help, we stay in 2nd and 6 pts behind the champs, who will autopromote.
Last game is away to 5th, who will stay 5th regardless and therefore probably ought to PIC and save their energies for the qualifier.
We should hang on to 2nd, just hope the team parachuting down will be an easier task than the current champs.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » March 26th, 2018, 12:10 pm

Final match of the season saw us in 2nd play 1st. We were 2 points behind so a win was required.

Went 352 AOW, with all 3 defenders in the centre anticipating opponents AIM. They duly obliged, but also correctly guessed my AOW and positioned their defense accordingly. With tactics nullified, it came down to ratings. I edged midfield, but lost the attack and defense battles - and lost 4-3 in a close game.

So another season in V :(

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”