Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

The Hattrick Season 68 thread

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Donut102
Lemon Pip

Re: The Hattrick Season 68 thread

Postby Donut102 » July 2nd, 2018, 8:47 am

Next week I have 7th at home. Another big defensive team, usually playing 532. One of my titanic scorers picked up his third yellow this week, so will need to play a more rounded attack rather than just AIM. So its 253 with 2 x IMTW.

Won 2-0, which leaves me 6 points clear at the top of the table with 2 games to play. With the GD I have (+42 vs 2nd on +21) I think its all over - so will start playing the younger players to get some experience. Next week I play 6th, and even with a less experienced team I still have a good chance of taking the 3 points and therefore the title.

Bink333
2 Lemon pips

Postby Bink333 » July 2nd, 2018, 12:47 pm

I've had a busy few weeks, which included (to my dearly beloved's absolute delight) taking a couple of weeks off to watch the World Cup group games.

I've picked up 2pts in the Prem over the last fortnight, a 0-0 away and a 3-3 at home. The 0-0 was as a result of a 4-4-2 Press, using 3xCD to stop a usually very attacking midfield heavy team. I wasn't expecting a draw, and it was more of a PIC Press Pray day, which turned out quite well. Yesterday's game was against a title contender (as are my next two) and despite edging possession, the chances were split 5/5 and it ended 3-3. I was 3-1 up after 84 minutes as well.

England's NT has had to face back to back MoTs over the last fortnight. Somehow we've come through it without dropping any points, but Cameroon have been getting results as well and remain 3pts ahead of us in 2nd. There's 4 games left, and we are set to play the 4 strongest teams in the group (at least on paper) starting with China at home, then Cameroon away, Kenya at home and Romania away.

Donut102
Lemon Pip

Postby Donut102 » July 9th, 2018, 7:53 am

They think it's all over...it is now.

I won 5-1 on Sunday to leave me 6 points clear of 2nd with just one game to go. So the league title is in the bag. Looking at the auto-promotion line I am well off the pace, so whatever happens next week I will be facing a qualifier. So its time to give the youngsters a run out and manage team spirit.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » July 9th, 2018, 10:16 am

Donut102 wrote:So its time to give the youngsters a run out and manage team spirit.

Well done, congratulations. Balance that with confidence though, i.e. try not to get hammered when it should have been you doing the hammering. Otherwise you won't be able to hit a pig's Pink marshmallows with a banjo. Though I'm sure you know this already.

Last week we gave 8th a sound thrashing, 2-2 after half an hour turned into 9-2 at the final whistle, nice. Yesterday was a bit more tricky, away to 4th, decided on a PIN/Press, I think they expected banzai from me and went a into an unfamiliar 4-5-1. They edged possession, we couldn't break them down, and they managed to pop a goal in during the first half. 1-0 final score. Chances were 4-3. A point would have been nice, but I was wasn't expecting much from the match.

This now makes the final round of matches slightly more interesting. I'm on 25 points, and 3rd are on 24 points, 4th are now on 22 points, but -23 goals behind me (I think I'm safe there). I'm at home to the runaway leader that is auto-promoting, so why wouldn't he MOTS? While 3rd is away to 6th, who are 3 points and +11 goals ahead of 7th. 7th play 4th, massive defence that won't ship goals. So, basically, I need to do better than 3rd do, but he's got an easier match. I suppose my only consolation is that 1st have lost a game this season so won't be trying to go unbeaten, but it's hardly going to be a walkover. Finishing 2nd or 3rd, I suppose it doesn't make much odds, 3rd I'd start with a home fixture against a known tough team, 2nd is a lucky dip.

Donut102
Lemon Pip

Postby Donut102 » July 9th, 2018, 1:03 pm

Otherwise you won't be able to hit a pig's Pink marshmallows with a banjo. Though I'm sure you know this already.

I do, and it did factor in my view. I don't really want to lose any game, even if its a dead rubber.
I think I could win the last game on a PIN with my normal 1st team with training optimised, delivering say 250-275 hatstats. With the youngsters (and future coaches) being played I will drop down to 200 hatstats.

However I think I will struggle in IV if I can only deliver 275 hatstats week in week out - my last foray to these heady heights lasted only one season where I finished 7th, with the consequential decimation to fan mood and gate receipts. I did get increased sponsor income, but not enough to offset. I can make £1m/ season in V, and think I need to be able to achieve at least 4th in IV to be no worse off

So if promotion through the leagues was my priority I would play the first team - but I don't feel I'm ready yet. I'd rather focus on the long term plan and bide my time.

Bink333
2 Lemon pips

Postby Bink333 » July 11th, 2018, 11:24 am

I was away to a LS team on Sunday. I splashed out a lot of money for a 34y/o divine+3xp quick mythical forward with useful secondaries. It damaged TS as we was controversial, which scuppered and plans I had about trying to get close in m/f.

I toyed with a few formations. CA looked possible, but I didn't think my expected CA rating (mythical) would create enough chances to cover off their LS chances, plus conversion rates would still favour them.

So I opted for a Press. They still had a lot of the ball though, so I included a powerful sitting midfielder to try and reduce another chance. In the end they scored 1, and although my attack ratings were good enough to score I only had one chance and it didn't convert. Could easily have done though so I was happy with the set up.

The loss means I remain 5th, and 2pts ahead of 7th. Potentially 7th has the trickiest tie away to a top 4 side that didn't MoTs last week. I am home to the Champions who have mathematically secured a hattrick of titles, but other than the 3pts for the historical standings table, I have no particular interest in winning the qualifier, as I am planning to sell up and start a rebuild, and it would be rude to deny another team a chance to play in the top flight when I have this in mind. I'll discuss my expected ratings for that match if I remain in 5th or 6th after Sunday.

I got blitzed 4-0 by the Chinese manager on Friday who went with perfect tactics to counter a home CA from England. Now 6pts behind Cameroon, we are away to them Friday, with just 3 games remaining. I'm expecting them to MoTs to try to seal their path to Q2, and I don't have the formation experience to build a 5 man wall in defence, and I doubt I'll be able to match them in midfield on a MoTs because they have fome advantage and the same TS, as well as better TC becuase they won easily this week against Saudi Arabia who MoTsed us the week before.

I may painted myself into a corner here, but the alternative seems to have been to paint myself into a different corner with worse TS and still no formation xp for a 5 man defence. I'll see what I can do one the form updates are in, but it looks pretty thin.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”