Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Howard,Bhoddhisatva,penym,Anonymous,Rhyd6, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 74

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Re: Hattrick Season 74

Postby UncleIan » March 23rd, 2020, 11:39 am

UncleIan wrote:Next week we're away to first place, that's just what we need! Looks a bit of a coin toss.

Coin toss? Well that was optimistic! Went 3-5-2, they went 3-5-2 AOW (divine+4!). Possession was 50/50, but their attack v defence much better than mine, especially on the wings. It started well, we went 0-1 up, then missed a chance, they had an injury to a WB on 40 minutes, and we'd started shading midfield thanks to better stamina, then for the next five minute it just went mad, they scored FOUR goals, and us none. 5-1 at half time. Second half, we missed a chance, they had another injury to a midfielder, and they scored again in the 91st minute. 6-1 final score. Chances were 7-4. Not gonna lie, I didn't deserve a win, or maybe even a draw, but I feel 6-1 is more than a little harsh. Confidence now "wretched". Good luck to us scoring any goals now!

Definitely looking over my shoulder now. We're in 6th on 7 points, and okay, 1st is only on 14, 2nd & 3rd 12, 4th 10, but 7th who thankfully also lost is only 3 back on 4 points.

Luckily I have another away game, but it's to the whipping boys that only have 1 point so far, though 7th also have a winnable home match. Oh cripes, that's round 7, half way, so the next two matches are against the whipping boy, looking at the ratings I should be okay, but aforementioned confidence issues, I'll be trying to maximise the number of chances, my players need to score a hatful.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » March 24th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Div IV

Cup to start with - last week I said this:
My cup opponent this week also plays with 5 at the back, but chooses to go CA. Once again I'll be unable to penetrate the defense, so I've decided to meet fire with fire and go for the hated 550 long shot. Whilst I'm giving away chances to his CA, my 5 man defense should be able to keep most of the attacks out....

Yeah....that didn't work. He got 484 hatstats against my 391, and frankly the better team won.
Looks like an easy game in the consolation cup.

In the league we were in 4th playing 8th away from home. Got hit hard by the Cup hangover, and lost 3-1. :evil:

This week I'm down to 5th and playing 1st away from home. Not expecting much...

Div V

Out of the Cup competitions so focus on the league.
Next week we play 3rd at home - I fancy my chances.
Held them to a draw - I'll take the single point right now.

Still in 5th, but a bot this week

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » March 30th, 2020, 11:11 am

Halfway then!

This week we were away to the whipping boys, who have managed to get one solitary point this season so far, weirdly, at home to the league leaders. My team's confidence was in the toilet (wretched) after last week's 6-1 pasting, so a PIC was not on the cards. A straight 2-5-3 to try and get as many chances as possible and give the lads a chance to find their scoring boots. They've played 4-5-1 pressing every league match bar one, so that wasn't going to help my goalfest ambitions. They also weighted their attack to one side, so were 2%, 1% and 76% in attack! Shame I didn't have two WBs rather than two CBs!

First half we edged to a shaky 1-2 lead, second half we extended that out to 1-4 and the final action was a consolation goal for them. 2-4 final score. Chances were 6-7, but for them 4 went through the centre, and that was (almost) never going to work when you only have 1% attack v defence.

Not a goalfest then, but we'll take the win and move on. That moves us up to 5th in the table, at the expense of a team that lost to 7th. We're on 10 points, while 7th is only back on 7 points, and 2nd is only ahead on 13 points. First is on 17 and looking like favourites to take the title. So apart from 1st and 8th, it's pretty tight in the league with just six points between 2nd and 7th.

Next up the return leg, should be easier, in fact we've got two home games in a row, 8th then 1st.

Starting to get the classic conundrum of my overtrained midfielders costing a heap of wages, not sure how sustainable it is, but of course, as they're overtrained they aren't worth as much as selling them at the "peak" around titanic. My IM trainees are now 3 x mythical, 1 x ET, and 2 x SN, all homegrown, I should probably sell the three mythicals, get the 2 x SNs to titanic, then switch to passing training (and thus also change all my forwards for trainees too). Whether I can do that and stay in III is the challenge.

On selling, and everyone on lockdown, anyone (yeah, okay, Bink) looking at transfer values? Are they holding up more because there are more people sat at home perusing the transfer lists? Not that it matters, if I need to change my front line I'll be buying as well as selling.

Eastheath
2 Lemon pips

Postby Eastheath » March 31st, 2020, 1:12 am

I write this one through gritted teeth!
We lost away 2-1 to a peer, we went 4-3-3 pressing, and found they had gone 5-3-2 CA. They also won midfield, just, so it was going to make an interesting game. We took the lead early and seemed to have this one nailed down except for the two late second half goals that gave them the win. Annoyed about that.
They move into third and we are fifth, W3 D0 L4, 9 pts. 4th has 11 pts and 7th has 7 pts so its pretty close down at the bottom....
Return leg next, will have to sharpen up to turn the tables on them.
We have another winnable cup game this week. If I dont play all my trainees....

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » March 31st, 2020, 1:06 pm

Div IV

Looks like an easy game in the consolation cup.
It was easy - a comfortable 4-1 win.
Bit trickier this week against Div III opposition.

This week I'm down to 5th and playing 1st away from home. Not expecting much...
....and didn't get much! Got thrashed 5-0.
Oh good, its the double header part of the season, so I get double the misery...

In 5th, just 2 points clear of auto-relegation.

Div V

Still in 5th, but a bot this week
Ditto this week.

In 5th, 7 points clear of auto-relegation.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”